Gunwerks Bipod Review

I came home from my Wyoming hunt to find my Elevate bipod had been delivered. Now that I won’t need it for another year I’ll see if it has the same QC issues. I have plenty of time for them to make it right…

tak

WKR
still waiting on mine from Aug 2, did everyone who has one order earlier?

Hope the kinks are worked out soon

700-223

FNG
still waiting on mine from Aug 2, did everyone who has one order earlier?

Hope the kinks are worked out soon
I’ve got mine. Works perfectly. Prefer it to the magpul, Harris, and Spartan I’ve got. I prefer it to the atlas’ I’ve used a shooting courses. Got the Spartan springbok too. Very great for quick setups, moving place to place and love the rare earth magnet attachment.

It’s an operator issue, but I find I can’t get the recoil to come straight back as well with the Spartan so I don’t shoot it as well. The Gunwerks is like a lightweight, qd Atlas for shootability in my experience. Doesn’t help if yours isn’t working though.

For my money, I’d go with the Gunwerks #1 and Spartan #2. The Spartan stuff I’ve got is excellently built, but I like to gently load the bipod for consistency. I find their bipod and attachment so stiff that there is no give when I do this, and I have a harder time getting consistent shoulder pressure. YMMV. Their attachment system is the best I’ve used though.

Reactions: tak

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
So… did we all get the same email?
Who is getting a refund? Who is holding out for our generously discounted v2?

-J

So… did we all get the same email?
Who is getting a refund? Who is holding out for our generously discounted v2?

-J

I did not get an email but I originally bought mine from Scheels and it was defective. Gunwerks overnighted me a replacement for my hunt and it was also defective, although a different issue. I emailed them after my hunt and told them of the issue. They told me a Gen 2 was in the works and I would be put on the waiting list.

I returned the replacement to Scheels for a refund. I may not be so quick to jump on the Gen 2 until they are more proven in the field.

I really like the design of it and will purchase another when they have all the kinks worked out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Stangs55

FNG
They told me nothing about a gen 2, but they took my return back without an issue. They told me I would be in front of all pending orders when they start to ship again. Never mentioned a gen 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Dear Gunwerks Customer,

We’re writing to update you on the status of your Gunwerks Elevate Bipod order. We’re thankful for the massive response to the initial release of the Elevate bipod!

Early customers have had the chance to put bipods to hard use in the mountains this fall. With continued use and the great feedback we have received thus far, we’ve identified a handful of simple improvements needed to make this the greatest mountain hunting bipod in the world.

With these needed updates and a new release of the Gen 2 Elevate bipod already planned, we have decided to halt production of the current generation to focus on the next generation of the Elevate Bipod and implement all updates at once. However, this takes time.

What this means for you? Unfortunately, this will cause a delay in delivery as we finalize the updated design, test and put it into production. This also means that your pending order will be automatically upgraded to the Gen 2 Elevate bipod. Gen 2 bipods will likely see a price increase to account for upgraded materials & features, however we will honor original orders if maintained in our system.

We understand the frustration and inconvenience this may cause you and can assure you we don’t make these decisions lightly. However, we are confident these updates and upgrades that come with the Gen 2 Elevate are worth the wait! We will update you on anticipated delivery as soon as timelines become more clear.

If you have urgent bipod needs, questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Sincerely,

Team Gunwerks​

fwafwow

WKR
I was reading through this thread this morning in a ground blind as I wished my Spartan Javelin was longer so I wouldn't need to carry different shooting sticks. I'm questioning the Elevate as an option. I'm willing to look at Gen 2, but the above email seems more corporate and less candid than I would like. I do admit that is based solely on the direct feedback of the customers and members in this thread. I have no personal experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: NSI

700-223

FNG

Dear Gunwerks Customer,

We’re writing to update you on the status of your Gunwerks Elevate Bipod order. We’re thankful for the massive response to the initial release of the Elevate bipod!

Early customers have had the chance to put bipods to hard use in the mountains this fall. With continued use and the great feedback we have received thus far, we’ve identified a handful of simple improvements needed to make this the greatest mountain hunting bipod in the world.

With these needed updates and a new release of the Gen 2 Elevate bipod already planned, we have decided to halt production of the current generation to focus on the next generation of the Elevate Bipod and implement all updates at once. However, this takes time.

What this means for you? Unfortunately, this will cause a delay in delivery as we finalize the updated design, test and put it into production. This also means that your pending order will be automatically upgraded to the Gen 2 Elevate bipod. Gen 2 bipods will likely see a price increase to account for upgraded materials & features, however we will honor original orders if maintained in our system.

We understand the frustration and inconvenience this may cause you and can assure you we don’t make these decisions lightly. However, we are confident these updates and upgrades that come with the Gen 2 Elevate are worth the wait! We will update you on anticipated delivery as soon as timelines become more clear.

If you have urgent bipod needs, questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Sincerely,

Team Gunwerks​

Interesting and unfortunate. Was using mine at the range again today. Still no issues with mine, but will be following this thread closely.

ben@bpetersondds

Lil-Rokslider
So just got back from a four-day elk hunt. Although I did shoot an elk using the Gunwerks bipod, one of the legs would not stay in the upright position and continue to flop open while carrying the rifle around, even after tightening the screw if I were to deploy the leg, it would immediately loosen up again. I ended up having to use a piece of cordage to secure it in place, which made it inconvenient to deploy when needed. Pretty disappointing considering I waited three months to get it from the date I ordered it. Quality control obviously went out the window while they were scrambling to fill orders. I’ll be calling them today and possibly seeking a refund.

Just printed my return label to send mine back to Scheels. It would not clamp tightly to any of my 7 pic rails. So after 3 defective out of the box rangefinders and now this, I am un-friending gunwerks.
What kind of problems did you have with their range finders?

Cbthomas

FNG
Yes, for gen 1 they decided to send out $300 bipods at the start of hunting season to have their customers find the flaws.

What a great business move, Make your beta testers pay for the product!

Don’t get me wrong I still want one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boog

FNG
I know the lighter something gets the more expensive it gets, but $375 is a little too steep.

Duh

WKR
Maybe this is me reading to much into a video but did anyone catch their latest goat and sheep hunting videos? It looks like they’re using the atlas bipods in those videos. Not sure if those were hunts from this year but if so, that gives me doubt on buying one until they get more vetted.