Gunwerks Bipod Review

gretch6364

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks. It feels a bit like Bipods are a dying bread for many of us western hunters, but I would still like to have one available that easily goes on and off a picatinny without any other adapters left on the rifle.

Landonm

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Good timing. We actually had an update going out to bipod customers today, but I'll drop a few details here.

An update here on the Elevate 2.0 bipod. We've completed revisions and testing. Going in to production shortly and expect to begin shipping new bipods in March. We'll be prioritizing sending out replacements to all the guys who bought gen 1 bipods.

Feedback and testing on the 2.0 bipod has been excellent. Ultimately, the Elevate 2.0 looks and functions almost the same as the original as far as spec and capability. Our focus has primarily been on refining small features and improving longevity/durability and the issues encountered on the original version.

NeoLok & Picatinny Mount
We completely re-engineered the NeoLok mechanism to where it locks up MUCH more solidly, wears better and adjusts more reliably. It looks much the same on the outside, but the internals are completely re-engineered and lightyears better.
Gunwerks Bipod NeoLok.jpg

Leg Locks
We redesigned the leg locks on the quick deploy legs. Square cutouts and a square key make this about 3 times stronger. They won't collapse like earlier versions.
Gunwerks Elevate Bipod Leg Lock

Splay Detents
We moved from 4 to 3 splay positions on the 2.0, but this allowed us to redesign and beef up the splay detents. These are MUCH stronger and showing far better wear over time and abuse.
Gunwerks Elevate 2.0 Bipod Splay.jpg

Cant Tension
This one wasn't really a complaint, but we knew it could be better. Finer thread on the cant tension along with high tech carbon friction elements and a slightly longer ratcheting lever make give it a much better feel with tightening and adjusting cant.
Gunwerks Bipod Cant Tension.jpg

Weight stays essentially the same at 12 oz.

These are a few of the primary updates. Overall, nearly every part on the bipod got a few rounds of revisions and refinements. Functionally, it's much the same as the original (We feel like we knocked it out of the park there), the focus has primarily been on refining some of those functions and improving feature designs for durability and longevity.

We're so backordered at this point, unfortunately new orders placed today will likely be looking at a June delivery timeframe as we prioritize filling backorders and replacing old units. But we're working hard to catch up and get our customers taken care of! We're working on maxing out production. There should be a steady supply by summer, but it's not a bad idea to put a deposit on one now to hold a place in line: https://www.gunwerks.com/bipod

Attachments

• Gunwerks Elevate 2.0 Bipod Splay.jpg
    Gunwerks Elevate 2.0 Bipod Splay.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 43
  • unnamed (5).jpg
    unnamed (5).jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

T_Widdy

FNG
Shoot2HuntU
Good timing. We actually had an update going out to bipod customers today, but I'll drop a few details here.

An update here on the Elevate 2.0 bipod. We've completed revisions and the first run of sample units. Going in to production shortly and expect to begin shipping new bipods in March. We'll be prioritizing sending out replacements to all the guys who bought gen 1 bipods.

Feedback and testing on the 2.0 bipod has been excellent. Ultimately, the Elevate 2.0 looks and functions almost the same as the original as far as spec and capability. Our focus has primarily been on refining small features and improving longevity/durability and the issues encountered on the original version.

NeoLok & Picatinny Mount
We completely re-engineered the NeoLok mechanism to where it locks up MUCH more solidly, wears better and adjusts more reliably. It looks much the same on the outside, but the internals are completely re-engineered and lightyears better.
View attachment 670973

Leg Locks
We redesigned the leg locks on the quick deploy legs. Square cutouts and a square key make this about 3 times stronger. They won't collapse like earlier versions.
View attachment 670969

Splay Detents
We moved from 4 to 3 splay positions on the 2.0, but this allowed us to redesign and beef up the splay detents. These are MUCH stronger and showing far better wear over time and abuse.
View attachment 670971

Cant Tension
This one wasn't really a complaint, but we knew it could be better. Finer thread on the cant tension along with high tech carbon friction elements and a slightly longer ratcheting lever make give it a much better feel with tightening and adjusting cant.
View attachment 670980

Weight stays essentially the same at 12 oz.

These are a few of the primary updates. Overall, nearly every part on the bipod got a few rounds of revisions and refinements. Functionally, it's much the same as the original (We feel like we knocked it out of the park there), the focus has primarily been on refining some of those functions and improving feature designs for durability and longevity.

We're so backordered at this point, unfortunately new orders placed today will likely be looking at a June delivery timeframe as we prioritize filling backorders and replacing old units. But we're working hard to catch up and get our customers taken care of! We're working on maxing out production. There should be a steady supply by summer, but it's not a bad idea to put a deposit on one now to hold a place in line: https://www.gunwerks.com/bipod
Can we purchase new replacement parts for the new one to put on our first gen ones? The extension legs and the twist lock?

Landonm

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Can we purchase new replacement parts for the new one to put on our first gen ones? The extension legs and the twist lock?
So much has changed, it depends on which part you're replacing. But if you have a first gen bipod, we'll swap it out for an Elevate 2.0 bipod free of charge here in a month or so when we have them ready.

T_Widdy

FNG
Shoot2HuntU
So much has changed, it depends on which part you're replacing. But if you have a first gen bipod, we'll swap it out for an Elevate 2.0 bipod free of charge here in a month or so when we have them ready.
Mines already modified, I had to put it in the milling machine to change/ replace some parts, I didn’t know you guys were taking them back so I fixed some things myself.

Landonm

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Mines already modified, I had to put it in the milling machine to change/ replace some parts, I didn’t know you guys were taking them back so I fixed some things myself.
I admire the initiative! Shoot me a DM, we can figure out what the best steps are, either replacing parts or getting you fully traded out.

Landonm

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Anyone with one of the original Elevate bipods, we're happy to get it replaced with a brand new Elevate 2.0 bipod. Drop your original bipod in the mail back to Gunwerks HQ, include a sheet in the box with your name, email, phone and the address you want the replacement shipped to and we'll get a new Elevate 2.0 turned around right away for you!

Gunwerks
Attn: Bipod Replace
201 Blackburn St
Cody, WY 82414

We're busy shipping replacements and backorders currently. The team is building and shipping bipods as quick as they can!

TBarron

WKR
Anyone with one of the original Elevate bipods, we're happy to get it replaced with a brand new Elevate 2.0 bipod. Drop your original bipod in the mail back to Gunwerks HQ, include a sheet in the box with your name, email, phone and the address you want the replacement shipped to and we'll get a new Elevate 2.0 turned around right away for you!

Gunwerks
Attn: Bipod Replace
201 Blackburn St
Cody, WY 82414

We're busy shipping replacements and backorders currently. The team is building and shipping bipods as quick as they can!

Just sent mine in. Great to see a company really stand behind their products!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve got a 2.0 just delivered here. Will get some rounds down range this week but so far it has to me the same function as gen1 minus the broken piece..as long as it hold up it’s going to be an awesome hunting bipod!

Landonm

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
I’ve got a 2.0 just delivered here. Will get some rounds down range this week but so far it has to me the same function as gen1 minus the broken piece..as long as it hold up it’s going to be an awesome hunting bipod!
That's the idea! :) We felt like the features and function were perfect, just needed some refinements to improve longevity. Keep us posted how you like it!

flyfisher117

Lil-Rokslider
Outside of the Gen 1 issues anyone have feedback on these? I'm really struggling between the elevate and the Hatch. I Luke the looks of everything on the elevate more, other than I can't use it sitting. The ability to sit and use the hatch keeps drawing me in.

I have the opportunity to get hands on a Gen 2 this weekend. Just can't make that last decision. Ha

Outside of the Gen 1 issues anyone have feedback on these? I'm really struggling between the elevate and the Hatch. I Luke the looks of everything on the elevate more, other than I can't use it sitting. The ability to sit and use the hatch keeps drawing me in.

I have the opportunity to get hands on a Gen 2 this weekend. Just can't make that last decision. Ha
I’ve got a gen2 and used a hatch for a while. Very little time on the gen2 so take this with a grain of salt. I Still shoot off of my buddies hatch occasionally but sold mine to him. It’s Not the ADM version; that does seem like a better system than the slide on.

The Gunwerks is not in any way a sitting height bipod. Hatch wins there.

Gunwerks is a lot lighter and smaller package. It has less/very little slop compared to the hatch. The Gunwerks so far is comparable in stability to my atlas CAL especially when needing more height. Maybe the atlas is a little stiffer without extending the legs. Maybe.

The gen2 is stupid easy to get the correct height set up quickly. I love the push button leg extensions. The hatch is not terrible there either.

The hatch legs are hard to get any preload because the feet can spin freely. Results in me sometimes needing to fidget and adjust position behind the gun. The gen2 legs do not spin and I like this.

Durability of the Gunwerks gen2 remains to be seen. The hatch was/is going strong after lots and lots of use.

If you need sitting, go with the hatch. Assuming the gen2 holds up I think it’s going to be perfect for my uses.