Gunnison CO public lands closed

Poser

WKR
Similar to San Juan County, Gunnison County has closed public lands within the county to non residents of the county. Supposedly, Colorado Revised Statute 25-1-114 allows the sheriff such powers as a matter of public health.

0d648c95b93aa9ead65e746f44ff21be.jpg

Scoutman

FNG
Didn't take a rocket scientist to see this coming.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

ewade07

WKR
Here in MT the tribes have been setting up checkpoints for drivers, asking what their business is going through. I guess some people from as far away as MD have been hopping in their RVs and heading to tribal lands to camp out cuz there are no cases. How f'ing dumb are people?

gbflyer

WKR
I’m confused. Isn’t there a lot of BLM
and Forest in Gunnison County? Is the county closing Federal land to non-county residents? Would a “good luck with that” be in order here?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
and Forest in Gunnison County? Is the county closing Federal land to non-county residents? Would a “good luck with that” be in order here?
More likely see you in court after your ticketed.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

el_jefe_pescado

Lil-Rokslider
Here in MT the tribes have been setting up checkpoints for drivers, asking what their business is going through. I guess some people from as far away as MD have been hopping in their RVs and heading to tribal lands to camp out cuz there are no cases. How f'ing dumb are people?

Yeah, I just heard that they are shutting down boat ramps on the Big Horn. Wild times indeed.

OP
P

Poser

WKR

The San Juan Co sheriff is threatening a $5000 fine and up to 1 year in jail for offenders. I don’t know the inter-workings, but a sheriff does have jurisdiction if it’s in his county including BLM lands.

bowhuntrben

Lil-Rokslider
Makes me wonder what will happen if somebody draws a tag but can’t hunt due to travel restrictions. Will they get refunded and earn a point or be limited to one of the options from previous years? Hopefully this won’t be still going on when that comes but I suppose there could be a second surge closing things...

OP
P

Poser

WKR

Yeah, there’s also extremely rudimentary medical services on most reservations. The Navajo Reservation just ordered mandatory curfew. They have 128 confirmed cases. The UTE reservation is closed to non tribal members.

ewade07

WKR
Yeah, there’s also extremely rudimentary medical services on most reservations. The Navajo Reservation just ordered mandatory curfew. They have 128 confirmed cases. The UTE reservation is closed to non tribal members.
I was speaking more on the fact that people would drive all the way from the east coast in a g'damn camper to camp on a reservtion....

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I'm not sure how closing all PUBLIC lands to everyone except locals falls under "public health" authority. Closing public lands to everyone is one thing, but allowing all locals to be out there doesn't really combat this health concern. Legally, I don't think they have a leg to stand on, but it would take money from someone who got fined to fight it in the courts to prove it wrong.

gbflyer

WKR

Interesting article on the San Juan County order. It would be interesting to read some more legal opinions on the matter.

gbflyer

WKR

I believe the reservations are sovereign nations and live by some of their own rules. Probably can do it without legal issue on their tribal lands.