Gun Trusts Recommendation

Will_m

WKR
Another link - https://www.silencercentral.com/blog/guide-to-adding-a-trustee-to-a-gun-trust/

Nothing in this says that it would be illegal for a "responsible person" to possess the NFA item that is in the trust.
Nothing illegal as long as they have submitted all the proper paperwork. But you can’t just add them to a trust and allow them to posses the item.

wesfromky

WKR
Obviously, I am not a lawyer and all that, but that link only applies if you are adding (ie, transferring) a new item to the trust, not just adding a person to an existing trust. Read the Silencer Central post - it goes into detail about that.

wesfromky

WKR
For example - I have 3 (and counting?) Single Shot trusts from Silencer Shop. I cannot add any additional items to those trusts, but I can add responsible people to them without those people going through the background checking / fingerprinting, etc. Now, if I add prohibited people to my trust, then I can see an issue, but as long as they are not prohibited, they can be added and then have possession of my NFA items.

Edit:

But, what cannot be done is to create a trust, add a bunch of people and transfer in new NFA items without the background checks. In that case, everyone in the trust would need to have the full background/fingerprints before the new items can be transferred in.

Last edited:

Macro

Lil-Rokslider
I went with National Gun Trusts. They were quick to answer any questions I had and offer a compressed version if your planning on filing any form 1s electronically.

atmat

WKR
Between SilencerShop, GunTrustGuru, and NationalGunTrusts — does anyone know if they charge additional fees to do amendments?

I hunt with several different folks who I would anticipate adding and removing as Trustees, so trying to factor that into the cost when comparing the three websites.