Guided hunt to a too young ram?

:cool:

With that in mind, and looking at your profile pic(which is a hammer ram!!), I'm wondering out loud when you're gonna let me tag a long on a hunt. I don't need to kill anything, maybe I can just run the camera:cool::cool:

It will be the worst best time you've ever had. Come on up!

sniper61

Lil-Rokslider
I would think if the guide told me to shoot. I would . If the state came down on me ,I would think I would have a civil case against the guide. NO? You just might have $40k or more in that hunt after the fines and attorneys?

Broomd

WKR
Would agree, Sniper...
The hunt in question was for stone sheep. Very expensive and probably close 40K in just the hunt, if not more.
Legal stuff, attorney (if necessary) could put a guy at 60K with nothing to show for it but painful memories.

Snyd

WKR
Hunter is responsible...

"Be sure of your target and beyond"

If you're gonna pony up that kind of money and hump it in the sheep mtns you better know what you're shooting.

my .02

Broomd

WKR
Perry, I would agree if the guide mandate wasn't a requirement.
I'm a firm believer in personal responsibility, but that is the whole point behind the "guide" concept. The hunter does what his guide instructs him to do--implicitly. Should a guided hunter know every boundary and demarcation for a given area? Some guys can't find their local post office.

The hunter is paying for legal expertise in all of these areas to avoid issues, and paying very well in the case of stone sheep.

Snyd

WKR
Perry, I would agree if the guide mandate wasn't a requirement.
I'm a firm believer in personal responsibility, but that is the whole point behind the "guide" concept. The hunter does what his guide instructs him to do--implicitly. Should a guided hunter know every boundary and demarcation for a given area? Some guys can't find their local post office.

The hunter is paying for legal expertise in all of these areas to avoid issues, and paying very well in the case of stone sheep.

Good points but it still comes to the point when the hunter pulls the trigger. Once you've done that, it's on you. No matter what the target is. Paper, animal or human. Guide or no guide.