Guided elk Private preferred.

Oregon

WKR
Lots of searching these threads, found a few results but pretty overwhelming.
Hoping some of you have experience or know of reputable outfitters.
What I'm in search of.
1. Preferably private with lodging/meals
2. Any western state(I have points in Co and Wyo) Hoping to find landowner tag with hunt instead of relying on draw or general hunt area.
3. elk size. Just need a branch bull. Care less about size. I'd be super happy anything over 260".
4. 7500k or under for hunt. I understand all the other costs involved tips, processing etc.

I've hunted elk pretty much every year since 1989. Shot quite a few bulls and have never once been on a guided hunt or ever hunted on private property. Rosies and Rockies.
In the process of planning a bull hunt here in 2 weeks, and I always seem to be the planner/organizer.
I'm semi retired and for once just want to totally relax. Look at someone in the morning and say "which way we going?"
Actually, I just want to hunt extremely relaxed. Not racing someone to a herd a mile away or getting to a drainage at first light and seeing 4 other hunters with the same idea I had.
Just experience a mellow, low stress hunt.
Does this exist for this price?
Thank you
Looking for 2023 or 2022

Last edited:

gelton

WKR
Plenty of hunts to be found with that budget and not stuck on getting a trophy....I would check out New Mexico landowner tags if I were you.

I’m hunting next month in Wyoming with Cedar Ridge Outfitters. Lots of access to private land, stay in a cabin, supposedly a very relaxed hunt with great elk numbers. So far, great communication and they just seem to have their act together. If my hunt matches my experience leading up to it, then I will be very pleased. These guys are definitely worth a look.

https://cedarridgehunting.com/

Here’s a cool video of one of their veteran hunts

OP
Oregon

Oregon

WKR
I’m hunting next month in Wyoming with Cedar Ridge Outfitters. Lots of access to private land, stay in a cabin, supposedly a very relaxed hunt with great elk numbers. So far, great communication and they just seem to have their act together. If my hunt matches my experience leading up to it, then I will be very pleased. These guys are definitely worth a look.

Thank

thank you. That's exactly what I'm looking for.
Did you have to draw the tag?

bpctcb

WKR
You should check out Fishtail Ranch in Chama, NM. They hunt private land and they have the vouchers to get the tags. They have a big lodge and great food. I hunted with them in 2014 and would go back in a heartbeat.

BP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank

thank you. That's exactly what I'm looking for.
Did you have to draw the tag?
Yes - but I am doing a cow hunt with them. I purchased a leftover tag for area 48, but they hunt several elk areas. I’m not sure how the odds are for drawing a bull tag in the various areas they hunt, but I’m sure it’s not a guaranteed tag type of situation.

Lvthntitall

Lil-Rokslider
Check out Buffalo Creek Ranch in Co, I have hunted with them a couple time and had great hunts and I think exactly what you are looking for.

DCT1983

Lil-Rokslider
Check out Steve’s Outdoor adventures. He’s got a bunch of different elk hunting options. They’ll help get tags and everything. Almost completely stress free.

Kwa_bena

FNG

Added to my bookmarks. I might skip Colorado for this one

OP
Oregon

Oregon

WKR
Check out Steve’s Outdoor adventures. He’s got a bunch of different elk hunting options. They’ll help get tags and everything. Almost completely stress free.
Been watching his show for years. Funny story, about 6 years ago I was watching a mt goat show he did out of Prince William Sound. Boat based. The boat captain was interviewed by Steve and the Captain was actually my mentor and guy who taught me how to run boats out of Ketchikan in the 80's. Lost touch with him 20 years prior. Tried a google search of his name, came up empty. Emailed Steve and within 12 hours had a reply and contact info for my mentor. Now he flies down every year to duck hunt and steelhead fish with me.
Anyhoots, there are 3 hunts on his webpage that are exactly what I'm looking for.
Thank you

DCT1983

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah I gave it a glance before I mentioned it to you not knowing what their elk hunts cost. My dad has used them a couple of times and has nothing but good things to say about them.

wyosteve

WKR
Just so you're aware, there are no landowner tags in Wyo. that can be sold or used by anyone other than the landowner. So if you hunt in Wyo. you will have to use points and draw a license.

Yes - but I am doing a cow hunt with them. I purchased a leftover tag for area 48, but they hunt several elk areas. I’m not sure how the odds are for drawing a bull tag in the various areas they hunt, but I’m sure it’s not a guaranteed tag type of situation.
How did the Elk hunt go?

Check out my bull pictures in the meat pole thread. First class accommodations on excellent private land in CO. PM me if you’re serious.

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
Check out my bull pictures in the meat pole thread. First class accommodations on excellent private land in CO. PM me if you’re serious.
Gringo, I don't think I have enough posts as of yet to PM. I am interested. My brother and I are looking for a rifle hunt in CO or NM next year. Our father is wanting to tag a long and hang out at camp and drink coffee and read ad take in the scenery while we hunt, but doesn't want to be in a wall tent for a week. Can you PM me the info? Thanks.

Gringo, I don't think I have enough posts as of yet to PM. I am interested. My brother and I are looking for a rifle hunt in CO or NM next year. Our father is wanting to tag a long and hang out at camp and drink coffee and read ad take in the scenery while we hunt, but doesn't want to be in a wall tent for a week. Can you PM me the info? Thanks.
sent you a PM