Guess the score of this buck!

OP
ThinkLeicaBuck

ThinkLeicaBuck

Lil-Rokslider
Don’t worry about it bro. I personally think there is some frustration in general with the idea of two tags for bucks in Idaho which is pretty rare for western states. I don’t think guys were meaning to be personal with you. You’re an inspiring killer and not trying to make anyone made.

I’ll play- 181 and 165
Thanks buddy. I hope I didn’t.. I’ve gotten two Idaho tags for the last 7 years and 2018 was the first time I actually killed two.

OP
ThinkLeicaBuck

ThinkLeicaBuck

Lil-Rokslider
Don’t worry about it bro. I personally think there is some frustration in general with the idea of two tags for bucks in Idaho which is pretty rare for western states. I don’t think guys were meaning to be personal with you. You’re an inspiring killer and not trying to make anyone made.

I’ll play- 181 and 165
You know your bucks dude! The wide one is 27 and scored 180.50 and the smaller one is 167!

Rich M

WKR
Hunter envy is so wild these days.. don’t be jealous because I got lucky for one season. I’m trying to engage with other hunters in the pre season and conversate about our passions. Sorry if I made anyone mad.. geez.

You got 2 great bucks legally - Kudos and congratulations. You owe no-one an apology.

I really like how one is wide and the other is tall. What a combination! Is there a neat story to go with it?

If you look around and read different forums, you'll see that there is a lot of anxiety tied up in the whole trophy thing, even by guys who are only hoping to go. They want to limit everyone else just in the hope of their own gain.

I got my first muley this past season, a 4x4 with eye guards that scored 159 with a 25 inch spread - hits 160 if I include the measurement for a 1-inch snag near the base of one antler. The funniest thing is that I was joking with the guys in camp opening morning saying that we had to shoot a 160-inch buck. Crazy stuff.

OP
ThinkLeicaBuck

ThinkLeicaBuck

Lil-Rokslider
You got 2 great bucks legally - Kudos and congratulations. You owe no-one an apology.

I really like how one is wide and the other is tall. What a combination! Is there a neat story to go with it?

If you look around and read different forums, you'll see that there is a lot of anxiety tied up in the whole trophy thing, even by guys who are only hoping to go. They want to limit everyone else just in the hope of their own gain.

I got my first muley this past season, a 4x4 with eye guards that scored 159 with a 25 inch spread - hits 160 if I include the measurement for a 1-inch snag near the base of one antler. The funniest thing is that I was joking with the guys in camp opening morning saying that we had to shoot a 160-inch buck. Crazy stuff.
Thanks my friend! Wow that’s awesome! You should post some pics! I’d love to see. There actually is a cool story behind these two bucks. I woke up opening morning to 16 inches of snow on my tent. I was after a 215 buck that I had found in the pre season. I spent 6 days after him and never once seen him. I passed on several great bucks in persuit of him. On day 4 I ripped a hole in my right boot and my right foot was frozen solid at the end of everyday. The evening of day six I had enough and I packed up on the morning of day seven and retreaded 9 miles to my truck. When I got to cell service my phone erupted with text.. the buck I was after had moved down a couple 1000 feet and was killed by a lucky guy from Pocatello. I had been hunting a giant deer that was killed opening morning. I felt so defeated. That evening, my brother called me to tell me he killed a 26 inch buck and where it died, a 180 buck stood up! He said there was another buck with cheaters as well! He picked me up at 2:30 am on the morning of day 8 and horse packed me and five days of supply’s into the area the 180 buck was seen. Sure enough at day light I found him and the cheater buck. With my boot that still had extra ventilation I closed the distance to 750 yards and made two perfect shots. Killed two great deer in 30 seconds after suffering in the high country for a buck that no longer existed. I learned a lot on that hunt though haha!

Attachments

• C40C9697-0E9C-4CBE-A5E5-5E593638E20E.jpeg
    C40C9697-0E9C-4CBE-A5E5-5E593638E20E.jpeg
    169.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 837FA9C2-CF3D-40B7-AFE4-BB439B3E99C0.jpeg
    837FA9C2-CF3D-40B7-AFE4-BB439B3E99C0.jpeg
    172.2 KB · Views: 63
OP
ThinkLeicaBuck

ThinkLeicaBuck

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks my friend! Wow that’s awesome! You should post some pics! I’d love to see. There actually is a cool story behind these two bucks. I woke up opening morning to 16 inches of snow on my tent. I was after a 215 buck that I had found in the pre season. I spent 6 days after him and never once seen him. I passed on several great bucks in persuit of him. On day 4 I ripped a hole in my right boot and my right foot was frozen solid at the end of everyday. The evening of day six I had enough and I packed up on the morning of day seven and retreaded 9 miles to my truck. When I got to cell service my phone erupted with text.. the buck I was after had moved down a couple 1000 feet and was killed by a lucky guy from Pocatello. I had been hunting a giant deer that was killed opening morning. I felt so defeated. That evening, my brother called me to tell me he killed a 26 inch buck and where it died, a 180 buck stood up! He said there was another buck with cheaters as well! He picked me up at 2:30 am on the morning of day 8 and horse packed me and five days of supply’s into the area the 180 buck was seen. Sure enough at day light I found him and the cheater buck. With my boot that still had extra ventilation I closed the distance to 750 yards and made two perfect shots. Killed two great deer in 30 seconds after suffering in the high country for a buck that no longer existed. I learned a lot on that hunt though haha!
28649100-8117-4D82-A6DD-CA826ADFEFC8.jpeg

Rich M

WKR
Two 750 yard shots! Awesome!

Running around almost barefoot on the mountain is just plain tough.

We did truck camping on the prairie and got snowed on and frozen.

At gas station on day 4 or 5, a farmer told us how to find the deer and after I told him I was from FL, told us to hunt this 80 acre field. Real nice of him to offer.

We started on adjoining public. I saw 5 and buddy saw 20+. Went next day and saw 2 doe w small 2x2. Day 6 hunted farm field and shot my first muley at 215 yards. They were feeding at 600 yds got scared by truck and ran to 400 then to 200...

Next 2 days, buddy missed a 3x3 and then a big 2x2. Quitting after day 8.

Never thought I'd get one this big. Been wanting this for about 38 years and finally got to do it. 1031191756a.jpg

OP
ThinkLeicaBuck

ThinkLeicaBuck

Lil-Rokslider
Two 750 yard shots! Awesome!

Running around almost barefoot on the mountain is just plain tough.

We did truck camping on the prairie and got snowed on and frozen.

At gas station on day 4 or 5, a farmer told us how to find the deer and after I told him I was from FL, told us to hunt this 80 acre field. Real nice of him to offer.

We started on adjoining public. I saw 5 and buddy saw 20+. Went next day and saw 2 doe w small 2x2. Day 6 hunted farm field and shot my first muley at 215 yards. They were feeding at 600 yds got scared by truck and ran to 400 then to 200...

Next 2 days, buddy missed a 3x3 and then a big 2x2. Quitting after day 8.

Never thought I'd get one this big. Been wanting this for about 38 years and finally got to do it. View attachment 152096
Great job man!! I love the main beams on that buck!

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congrats and great deer👍 It is funny when they started offering two tags back in 2003 many had no idea you could do that each year I would go buy my second elk at and have to show the cashier at cabelas what was stated in the regs....been a fun run of two elk tags since 03 and looks like it may be coming to an end with the changes next year but time will tell👍