Griff Stud

A fellow on the local outdoor website suggested this website as a source . Says there's a couple guys with nice dogs.

Qualifications: Want a complete outcross, unrelated to my female. She's out of Stonyridge NN litter, Stonyridge, Otis X Remember Shingobee. Candidate will be on the small side, under 60 lbs., a real athlete. Flat, harsh coat, medium length, solid brown head with ample furnishings. Sound temperament, friendly, no issues with strange people or dogs. Litter will be NAVHDA registered. Looking at next September or October, depends on her.

I live in NW Oregon but will travel to where ever is required.

Any and all information graciously accepted.

Harvey

A few of us have younger males but they are Stonyridge lines as well.

Closer to you I got to see a couple dogs from broken bow kennel that were the right size(I’m not a fan of oversized griffs), nice structure, hard hunters and that tested well with first time handlers. Their coats were flat lying but not as harsh as a Stonyridge dog. It might be worth reaching out to broken bow and get to see some of their dogs in action.

I live on other side of the country from you and I have got to see some very nice dogs from Quebec as well but some can be too large imo.

You might want to reach out to Mike at fuzzy dog kennel in Michigan as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
D
Good, it worked this time. Still learning the system....

Cuttie:

Thanks for your response. Not all Stonyridge dogs are closely related so there is a bit of wiggle room. I'll check out your suggestions.

One problem is travel distance in the dead of winter and Ellie's heat cycle. Kinda thought she'd be in heat now (late) but no sign except she pees on everything. A dog thing.... I did find a nice boy owned by Tony Drake in Wisconsin but he's young and hasn't had health clearances yet. He's out of Spruce Creek. Another candidate is in or near Missoula MT. Actually stumbled on one close to home, Boise ID, from Josh Maddox in Indiana. Don't know what kennel name he's using, possibly Des Chien in Wisconsin. If travel becomes a problem, he could be my default dog. I really like him..... Hunting plans are not going to be what I'd hoped which would have covered much of the travel distance for dogs in the East. The massive winter kill in E. MT and the Dakotas is going to force a lot of folks into scrambling for places to hunt. It's going to take years for the birds to recover. I'll most likely stick to Oregon and Idaho, chasing Chukars and Huns.

I'll let you know is I turn up a candidate from your suggestions.

Harvey