Greatest hunting head of all time

Wapack

FNG
Ya man I am sorry if Rokslide is used to brands rolling over. I won’t do it. If people want to throw jabs you will get it back.

100% I can be a little arrogant or have an ego but when trying to build what I am trying to build that is necessary.

I was just trying to show you guys something I truly feel is amazing. My goal is to help hunters be more successful but time and time again this site love to tear apart their own.

The head will be available in October. It is the best hunting head ever made.
That has not been my experience here. There’s a ton of combined experience to learn from. I definitely like to talk a little crap. It’s all in good fun. And let’s be honest you opened yourself up to it with your approach. Humility goes along way. I do sincerely wish you success.

huntnful

WKR
Ya man I am sorry if Rokslide is used to brands rolling over. I won’t do it. If people want to throw jabs you will get it back.

100% I can be a little arrogant or have an ego but when trying to build what I am trying to build that is necessary.

I was just trying to show you guys something I truly feel is amazing. My goal is to help hunters be more successful but time and time again this site love to tear apart their own.

"I designed what I fully believe is an improvement over the current market of available tripods heads. Allowing a combination of glassing and shooting features in the same head, not available in the market today. Here's a detailed description of how it functions and its benefits and improvements over what is currently available".

Something like that would have garnered more traction IMO.

We just don't buy into the Billy Mays (RIP) hype train product reel bullshit. And I don't know about this giving jabs back stuff? "It's the best ever!!! Believe it!!! Even though I have given you absolutely no reason too."

We're real hunters man. Not instagram fanboys that do day hikes to post pictures of our sweaty hats and shoot tac events while killing zero animals every year. We expect proof of substantial claims. Shame on us (y)

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Here to echo @huntnful - we are not tearing down Tricer. I own your UL pan head (good call making new ones with arca foot by the way, solid inline change). We ARE telling you to show, don't just say. The "design a better one then" comment is interesting....literally not one person has actually said a negative thing about your product, only the way you came in hot continually declaring it the best ever.

The site is a lot bigger, and with that has come some vitriol. But some things haven't changed. You can't buy reviews (to be clear, I am not saying in any way you have), and you damn well better has some real field time on gear to be steering people on it. I'm sure we all appreaciate your sponsorship of Rokslide and participation on here.

Like I said before, genuinelly want to hear about the head, WHY it's the best ever, and what you're doing different. Not saying do not be confident - am saying do not treat me like an idiot. You might take a page out of the original Kuiu approach on product release, because we're obviosly paying attention, and details matter.

Two things will apply:

Is this "mousetrap" better than the last one, and, does the product answer and industry pain (address a pain point)?

A positive response from consumers on both of these will determine if it's the best ever.

Where are the product details?
I like your products and innovation but this was a pretty lack luster unveiling.

Elkangle

WKR
Until the Apex of the tripod isn't a mile below the optic or rifle, I have zero confidence in the rebound a set up like this has

Good luck, I hope it's an amazing set up

OP
Tricer

Tricer

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Is there a reason you chose to put the ball above the Fluid head? Seems having the ball below would allow the ball to be used to level the pan which is obviously much easier/quicker than using the legs at times?
Trying to keep as compact of a unit as possible. As a hunting head you might shoot from it or you might not. But you will definitely glass with it. It is gassing focused with the ability to cant and level an optic if needed. This is based off my BP pan head design.

If I were to flip the design it would be a very tall and I was trying to avoid that.

Marshfly

WKR
Making this all one piece makes no sense.

A more compact and lighter version of this picture where the pan head is quick release and you can ARCA a rifle into the ball would be the “best head ever.”
In fact, this ball head has a Pic receiver in the middle of it. You could go with a tiny pic rail ball head and people could clamp a rifle and the pan head that way.

IMG_5332.jpeg

A more compact and lighter version of this picture where the pan head is quick release and you can ARCA a rifle into the ball would be the “best head ever.”
That sounds like a description of RRS tripods with Anvil heads and PT-Scouts. That's what I use now. The Anvil is the best shooting ball head on the market, no exceptions. And the PT-Scout just clips into it for glassing purposes. I think some guys use some kind of Tricer head for the glassing stuff instead and say it's smoother than the PT-Scout for the glassing part (still clipped into the Anvil). I can then just take the pan head off the Anvil in 2 seconds and clip my rifle into it.

Marshfly

WKR
That sounds like a description of RRS tripods with Anvil heads and PT-Scouts. That's what I use now. The Anvil is the best shooting ball head on the market, no exceptions. And the PT-Scout just clips into it for glassing purposes. I think some guys use some kind of Tricer head for the glassing stuff instead and say it's smoother than the PT-Scout for the glassing part (still clipped into the Anvil). I can then just take the pan head off the Anvil in 2 seconds and clip my rifle into it.
Well there you go. I don’t shoot off a tripod enough to spend that much money though. This setup is 95% of that for not much more than that PT-Scout alone. Haha.

But you can agree that a ball head with a removeable pan head is far superior to a pan head with a ball head stuck to the top.

This tricer head looks like it was designed by someone with zero experience shooting from a tripod IMHO.

This is the best tripod shooting system.
You absolutely do not want your weapon sitting on a ballhead that is sitting on a panhead, multiple unnecessary inches above the apex of the tripod. The Anvil-30 or Leofoto MA-30L are absolutely bomber when direct mounted to the apex of a RRS Ascend-14 and locked up. Zero flex in the system barring that within the carbon legs. This is also superior to just being screwed to the top of a tripod stud, which it can then unscrew to the left.

Want to glass effectively? Throw a PT-Scout or Wiser Nighthawk on top for a USA made lightweight panhead or an ultralight Tricer LP (Designed in California Made in China like your iPhone)

Will take a LOT to convince me otherwise.

IMG_4027.jpgIMG_9153.jpg

Plenty of blowhards zipping messages off when they should be working their shitty desk job in some blue state.

I just bought the AD for an elk hunt with 13 points on the line and gotta say it’s very well designed and looks like a huge upgrade from my other stuff. My only regret is now I’m shopping for other optics to stick on it.

Many of us appreciate the work on new products but also the 30-06!

100%DIYazCOUES

Lil-Rokslider
I assumed this was for shooting off of. For glassing, seems like it solves a problem that I’ve never considered much of a problem…. Why not just roughly level the tripod real quick? Or just tilt the binos a hair ? Not trying to bash the product at all… I just don’t really get what it solves.
Having said that, I recently bought one of your lp heads and absolutely love it so far. If it holds up over time, it’ll be my new favorite head. Handles just as well and smooth as any of my other heads that weigh almost a pound more. Great job on that one!