Great Deal for Howa Superlight plus Vertical Grip option

I need another rifle like I need a hole in the head but the Howa Superlight looked like fun and I found a loophole that makes it a great deal. Brownell has 15% off for July 4th. It is still going on. They have a bunch of Superlight barreled actions available and will apply the coupon. The also have Superlight Short barreled actions available with the 16.25" threaded barrel but only in .308 or 6.5 Creedmoor. These are advertised at 4 lbs 3 oz with the standard Stocky's CF Hunter Stock that normally comes with them. Form weighed the test unit at 4 lbs 9 oz.

I called Stocky's and the Superlights have a special inlet that is different than the Howa 1500 mini or the Howa 1500 Short Action. The stock has also been lightened vs the standard Stocky's. 17 oz for the Hunter and 20 oz for the VG. Yes, they have a Vertical Grip version which is not available from Howa. I bought one of the 6.5 Creedmoor shorts with the VG stock to make a loaner gun at the ranch and just for fun.

Brownells price for the barreled action with the mag and bottom metal $386.74 plus tax
Stockys has the Howa 1500 Superlight Hunter blems for $299 and VG blems for $350 in raw carbon and if you want the Hydro Dipped version in the Hunter or the VG version and use the coupon Rokslide 30 the price is $398 plus shipping and tax. Call them if you want to order one. They are very nice helpful people and want to help

$785 for a Howa Superlight (less if you use a blem stock) is a spectacular deal and you have a chance to get a Vertical Grip stock that is not available in the factory rifle. Form had some issues with the rifle so check out his review before ordering.

WyoJeff

FNG
Copy
Thanks
Probably a good sign for them that business is strong enough they don't need to do discounts

Same boat here. I'm wondering if the discount will only apply to full price items since the stocks are currently on an Independence day sale. Haven't had a chance to call them yet. Still trying to decide on a color scheme.

OP
L
The discount does not apply to sale prices. The Rokslide 30 discount takes the stocks to only a dollar less than the July 4th sale price. The sale price is over so the coupon if they will honor it or the sale price is about the same at around $400. It does not apply to the $350 VG blem or the $300 Hunter blem and those are raw carbon not hydro dipped.

I decided to go with the Hunter Blem and was pleasantly surprised when there was a discount after I added it to cart. It looks like the independence day sale applies to them as well.. If anyone is on the fence about ordering one, now is probably a good time to do it.