Gravedigger

I've tested them a bit. I shoot Deep Six, so my testing was done with that model. I do not really like the aluminum ferrule model in Deep Six, just because of the strain on that thinner ferrule screw; I had one break inside a hog. But I really like the all steel 125 grain model. That is what will be in my quiver for deer, turkey, and hogs under 200# this year.

They make an incredible hole; much bigger on the exit than the entrance. Hard to beat a full 2 3/4" cut going through an animal. They did a number on a turkey and hog I shot this year. You do have to follow the directions to set the opening tension correctly.

OP
Jake Leibke
Thanks. I was looking at the 125 grain model myself. I'm not a big fan of D6 for the reason you mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I was looking at the 125 grain model myself. I'm not a big fan of D6 for the reason you mentioned.

Some heads have great protection in the Deep Six format, like the Trophy Taker A-TAC and the Exodus. And VPA makes a 6 Series footer to protect the arrow as well.

Either way, you should be pleased with the Grave Digger. It's not my choice for elk, but I know some people really like them for elk.

Blackcow

WKR
We had 3 or 4 guys use them on elk last year, and they worked awesome. I'm going to use the 125gr. COC for elk this year, they flew better for me than the trocar tip.

OP
Jake Leibke
We had 3 or 4 guys use them on elk last year, and they worked awesome. I'm going to use the 125gr. COC for elk this year, they flew better for me than the trocar tip.

That's interesting the COC flew better. I was planning on getting the chisel tip but maybe not...

Blackcow

WKR
I thought the exact same thing. They flew good, just not quite as good as the COC, they both spin tested good. If i get time I'll check them against a mark on a file card. They could have a slight wobble I'm missing. Then you could align the tip by pressing on a table top. Like old school muzzy's;)

DEW0341

WKR
I like my 100gr chisel tips, been hard to find lately so I nabbed a local shops whole supply of 3 packages

Peter K

Lil-Rokslider
I used the 100 grain coc last year and had 140 yards total of watching 3 does fall over. Very pleased with them, and dont see myself switching anytime soon.

OP
Jake Leibke
I ordered some chisel tips. Should be getting them tomorrow. Can't wait to try them out.

Frogfan

FNG
I am also interested in those with experience using these heads, in particular the COC version on elk? I have done several searches and find very little information on these broadheads for elk.

This year will be my first archery elk hunt. For the last 20 plus years I have been using NAP Spitfires on all game mulies and smaller with complete confidence and excellent results. I understand there is a huge fundamental difference in whitetail vs. elk, but I really like having the same POI as field tips using the mechanicals. Seems as though the Hybrid would be a solid option giving you mechanical-like flight characteristics, with the addition of a 1" COC fixed blade.

My current setup is 448gr. Easton Axis @ 300fps.

Any feedback is welcome regarding the use of this broadhead on elk with my setup.