Grand Junction Elk processor

DamnRinella

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have a recommendation for an elk processor near Grand Junction, CO.? Specifically, one that ships to other locations when complete.

Thx

Not sure Grand Junction is close to Pagosa Springs or Antonito, but I always recommend Home Town Market. They have a meat market with professional butchers that do an excellent job. Cut, wrapped, marked, and frozen solid.

Not sure Grand Junction is close to Pagosa Springs or Antonito, but I always recommend Home Town Market. They have a meat market with professional butchers that do an excellent job. Cut, wrapped, marked, and frozen solid.

GJ is about 6-7 hours from Antonito

TreyPound

FNG
I know of processors in Craig, Grand Junction, and Boulder, but none in the areas that you asked for. I'd say Rifle and Glenwood are your best shots since they are larger communities.

You might want to try:

http://www.qwestdex.com

this is the on-line version of the Yellow pages here in Colorado, although the on-line version is not as complete as the print. Perhaps they will have something for these towns.

Sorry but Rifle and Glenwood are not bigger than Grand Junction. That post seems a little fishy since the OP stated GJ.....

For the best price at Mt Meat your can debone the meat and save a lot. I usually would debone my elk gutless anyway since I don’t like packing extra weight.

OP
D

DamnRinella

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks everyone for the help! I hope I get a chance to use the advice!

Here are the ones in the GJ area from someone that lives here. This should help you out

1. Old World Meat Co
Meat ProcessingButchering

Website
(970) 245-2261

1765 Main St
Grand Junction, CO 81501

Garber Gary C & Glenda
2. Garber Gary C & Glenda
Meat ProcessingMeat Packers

(970) 434-8336

3014 D Rd
Grand Junction, CO 81504

D M Meats
3. D M Meats
Meat Processing
(1)
Website
(970) 241-1073

1301 20 Rd
Fruita, CO 81521

RS
D & M Meats is now the only meat processing plant that we will use. Perfectly cut & trimmed meat & double wrapped. We can highly recommend them to…

Mountain Meat Packing
4. Mountain Meat Packing
Meat Processing

Website
(970) 858-9584

951 17 1/4 Rd
Fruita, CO 81521

Homestead Meats
5. Homestead Meats
Meat Processing
(1)
Website
(970) 874-1145

741 W 5th St
Delta, CO 81416

picture

These people are amazing and I am excited to keep picking up lamb for them each year. The cuts are great and the choices are awesome. If you haven't…

Phaseolus

WKR
D and M meats in Fruita is my favorite although I have only used them for domestic meat cutting. I have had bad experiences with 2 of the Grand Junction area meat cutters listed above. Use D&M.

Phaseolus

WKR
I will have to check on Garbers on D road. I am betting they are part of the family that ran G&G game processing for years, if so they were great.

Tingrao

FNG
I wanted to give another vote and applause for D&M. My son shot a cow during first rifle this year and the folks at D&M had the meat processed and frozen in time for our drive back home. The packaging was first class and their facilities were spotless.

svivian

WKR
I wanted to give another vote and applause for D&M. My son shot a cow during first rifle this year and the folks at D&M had the meat processed and frozen in time for our drive back home. The packaging was first class and their facilities were spotless.
They are good people, went to them for many years before i started doing it myself.