GPS trackers

Sled

WKR
My kid is headed with the grandparents while I'm down for back surgery. They want to take him into the Ruby's for some SXS and moto riding but don't want to lose him. What's the best passive GPS tracker for the Gparents to be able to view his location when cell service is not available?

elkliver

WKR
Rhino Garmin's allow you to Poll the other parties location but you need to be within radio range. That can vary a lot depending on terrain

TaperPin

WKR
Sounds like he shouldn’t go if there isn’t enough trust in his supervision.

Marble

WKR
I wonder if an inreach can be set up to report location at intervals. Dad could log in and check last location?

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
My kid is headed with the grandparents while I'm down for back surgery. They want to take him into the Ruby's for some SXS and moto riding but don't want to lose him. What's the best passive GPS tracker for the Gparents to be able to view his location when cell service is not available?

Need the TT25, to shock his ass when he doesn't listen.

Apparently it's same link.
Might be better to hide it on machine, that way if he's sneaking off he doesn't know to stash it somewhere.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I agree that its a important tool in any parents toolbox however he only asked about tracking. Surely he sees the benefit of a multi-tool.

I wonder how this constant tracking and surveillance is really working out for our youth.

I might change my vote from shock collar to survival of the fittest. Turn the kid loose, no tracking, no surveillance, gotta keep yourself safe if you are headed out on your own.

I wonder how this constant tracking and surveillance is really working out for our youth.

I might change my vote from shock collar to survival of the fittest. Turn the kid loose, no tracking, no surveillance, gotta keep yourself safe if you are headed out on your own.
There are the negatives for sure. But to ignore the positives would also be a shame. Before cell phones/inreach, I remember many times of cutting a track and heading in the opposite direction of plans. My friends got used to it but initially it led to concern if there was a problem. Now they can be in the loop and maybe even save some miles in the dark. I don't like the constant contact but when you have a check in time once a day it allows for good coordination without triggering worry for no reason.