GPO CENTURI - Lightweight FFP

RepeatPete

Lil-Rokslider
Just saw the GPO Centuri scopes posted by @gr8fuldoug

One of the models is a 4-16x44:https://cameralandny.com/shop/germa...d4d2-013c-6256-00163e90e196?variation=3708177

The super compact length is not at all a benefit for me, but the other specs look pretty good: 20.0 oz for a MIL based FFP scope in a usable magnification range, with what looks like a pretty good reticle, all for $600!

Will definitely need a rail to be able to mount, but I’m very interested. Just need to drop test @Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Just saw the GPO Centuri scopes posted by @gr8fuldoug

One of the models is a 4-16x44:https://cameralandny.com/shop/germa...d4d2-013c-6256-00163e90e196?variation=3708177

The super compact length is not at all a benefit for me, but the other specs look pretty good: 20.0 oz for a MIL based FFP scope in a usable magnification range, with what looks like a pretty good reticle, all for $600!

Will definitely need a rail to be able to mount, but I’m very interested. Just need to drop test @Formidilosus

I am interested as well. If someone sends one to Ryan, I’ll do so.

ElPollo

WKR
Looked the website. Interested. Weight looks awesome and the price is very reasonable. Reticle makes me wonder why they wouldn’t make the outer part solid to see better at low magnification. Still interested. Would love to see what happens when it’s dropped like a hot rock while attached to a rifle.

OP
R

RepeatPete

Lil-Rokslider
Looked the website. Interested. Weight looks awesome and the price is very reasonable. Reticle makes me wonder why they wouldn’t make the outer part solid to see better at low magnification. Still interested. Would love to see what happens when it’s dropped like a hot rock while attached to a rifle.
Agreed on the outer posts being solid - would make it actually usable on 4x in the timber.

@gr8fuldoug Any word on real availability and country of manufacture?

Gtscotty

FNG
They have a nice assortment of great MPVO mag range options in that line, 2.5-15, 3-12, 3-18, and the only one they offer in a mil reticle is the 4-16? What a bummer, hard to figure the thought process there.

Megastink

Lil-Rokslider
It seems very similar to the US Optics TS12. Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s made in the same facility. I have a TS12 on my .22lr and it’s a great scope. I do like the looks of that fixed 7.5x from GPO.

Scottf270

WKR
It amazes me these manufacturers can't read the market and make a single scope with the right reticle and power range. It's like having a bunch of near perfect products with one glaring failure that makes it a compromise at best and a no go at the worst.

z987k

WKR
They have a nice assortment of great MPVO mag range options in that line, 2.5-15, 3-12, 3-18, and the only one they offer in a mil reticle is the 4-16? What a bummer, hard to figure the thought process there.
They have garbage reticles on almost everything they make. And almost all of them are made in China.