Got my new duplex, with mixed emotions

I fully understand what you are saying. I have no problems looking up a steep hill. However if you were to try and look overhead, your head is restricted by the strap.

OBP

WKR
First pic looked fine to me. Why do you want to lean your head all the way back? Just think of it as mountain lion ambush protection for your neck. They can never get you through that duplex frame.

Haha, that's what I'll be thinking the next time I come across lion tracks, they'll never get at my neck with the DT1 back there! haha

Are you just using it as a pack frame? If not I say don't cut the handle off, the bags cover that part up anyway so you will only be decreasing resale if u decide you want to sell it.

OP
pyroducksx3
I have a 13.5 lbs rifle so when day hunting I plan to strap an eberlestock scabbard straight down the middle and using a cargo panel to get meat out. The rifle is just too heavy to hang off one side using the aux gun bearer and not having backpacking gear to balance the load. I will be getting a dt1 for backpacking and using a much lighter tikka t3 lite when backpack hunting. If the strap doesn't interfere when using the eberlestock scabbard it will most likely stay on.

On a side note I thought Aron had cut his off as well when trimming the weight in his DT1 setup, but I can't claim that as a fact

Aaron isn't playing with the idea of not liking the frame. If you decide you want to keep the frame cut it off to save weight because its kinda useless... but if you're thinking about going back to duplex or bikini for any reason I say keep it there. When you try to sell used people don't like "modified" stuff.

Joe

OP
pyroducksx3
Well this pack is amazing! I have heard that you can carry people with it so I tried it. My brother weighs 150 and I can't believe how well the weight felt. It felt everybit as comfortable, if not more, than 70lbs in my t2. This thing handles weight amazingly. I had to get my son to take the pic so pardon the finger in the frame and it being sideways, he did a good job considering he's 4. There fixed the pic.

Attachments

• IMG_0914.jpg
    IMG_0914.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
OP
pyroducksx3
There is really no good way to put someone on your back lol. The more I play with this pack the more I love it.

OBP

WKR
You've had extra gloves this whole time? Uh yeah, we're in the rockies. haha. One of the classics for sure.

OP
pyroducksx3
Well Im not planning on hiking him out for miles like german tourist ;) I only had him on my back for about 5 min but good to know

OP
pyroducksx3
Well this pack doing everything I hoped it would. I am very happy about making the switch at this point. Here it is with my heavy rifle and in day hunt mode, I plan to put a backpouch on it. I just need to find a pocket that can hold my straight ziess 85mm now. I just got done with a week long ariel operator class and after a few days of throwing heavy ladders around my back is a little sore. Even being sore the duplex spread the weight out and the pack still feels good to wear. The weight is so much better straight down the back vs hanging this beast off the side and if I get an animal I just unroll the cargo panel and haul it out.

Attachments

• IMG_0951.jpg
    IMG_0951.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 123
OP
pyroducksx3
I love this pack frame, it's just does everything. Here it is turkey hunting

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 72