Got my ‘23 bear back today

Blind Squirrel

Lil-Rokslider
Taken in BC last year. Just over 6’ square. This bear appeared much older when he was on the ground, compared to the bear I got in ‘22. He was skinnier, skin seemed baggy, not much fat on him and coat was not as nice. The rug tells the same story. Still looks really cool, but obviously thinner coat. Very thin at the hip joints. But, the claws were longer. Taxidermist ground down the canine teeth to match the actual skull. B9ED60A2-7BBF-45BB-A5ED-41765BE3F7C0.jpegD9DD3801-A6D7-44A1-9C4D-2DB6DAC99C5D.jpeg9030F216-366A-4CDD-A565-2DCA3F639ACF.jpeg

Bcon

FNG
Fall bear? Curious as I have taken one Spring and one Fall and my Fall bear looks very similar to yours.

AZ_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Taken in BC last year. Just over 6’ square. This bear appeared much older when he was on the ground, compared to the bear I got in ‘22. He was skinnier, skin seemed baggy, not much fat on him and coat was not as nice. The rug tells the same story. Still looks really cool, but obviously thinner coat. Very thin at the hip joints. But, the claws were longer. Taxidermist ground down the canine teeth to match the actual skull. View attachment 699828View attachment 699829View attachment 699830
Kick ass!

Curious how you feel about splitting the white chest patch. Did you end up losing some of it? I've heard of some people going around it and leaving the whole thing on one side.

OP
Blind Squirrel

Blind Squirrel

Lil-Rokslider
Curious how you feel about splitting the white chest patch. Did you end up losing some of it? I've heard of some people going around it and leaving the whole thing on one side.
I’m really not sure if I lost some or not. I didn’t take photos of the underside and it was with the taxidermist for a year so my memory is a little fuzzy. Maybe lost a little. If making a rug, I can’t think of any other way to do it, but if doing a full body or shoulder mount, I think it probably would be best to go around the white patch.

204_ruger

Lil-Rokslider
Nice bear. I am going on my first spring bear hunt next spring. My wife is wanting to have her bear done like that. But I live in the south. Not many want to do it.

OP
Blind Squirrel

Blind Squirrel

Lil-Rokslider
Nice bear. I am going on my first spring bear hunt next spring. My wife is wanting to have her bear done like that. But I live in the south. Not many want to do it.
Yeah, make sure you send it to a taxidermist that handles lots of bears. I live in the south, sent this one to a guy in MT. My brother sent his to a local with basically no bear experience, didn’t end well for him.