Gore-Tex Boot Customer Service Issues

BTShooter

FNG
Hello All!

Has anyone had a good experience with Gore-Tex customer service in the last couple of years? I'm trying to go through a warranty claim with them for a pair of Zamberlan boots and it's anything but pleasant.

I've never had a pair of Gore-Tex boots maintain waterproofing beyond 2 years (most failed in 1 year or less), so I always relied on quality leather and proper care to keep my feet dry. But these boots have some synthetic areas and were on sale, so I gave them a shot. They leaked right out of the box when walking in wet grass.

Zamberlan promptly told me that Gore-Tex handles waterproofing claims. But Gore-Tex customer service is asking multiple questions 2 and 3 times over, even though all questions were appropriately answered the 1st time. It feels like the Gore-Tex customer service wants to wear me down so I give up on the claim.

WOW! This speaks volumes of Zamberlan. I would return them to Zamberlan and let them deal with their supplier, Gortex. I was actually considering some of their boots but not anymore. Keep us posted. I hope Zamberlan steps up and doe the right thing. Best of luck.

dtrkyman

WKR
Copy and paste your original email and send it to the same person everyday!

Then contact Zamberlan, they are passing the buck!

I agree, the leather goretex boots stay waterproof far more effectively!

wapitibob

WKR
Yep, been there, have the emails. In the end, when I finally had been thru the process over several weeks, I used my borescope to search for any odd markings on the interior of the liner. I found one spot in the toe box with a cpl threads that had been frayed, and decided to call it quits vs paying shipping and have what I figured would be a claim denial.

OP
B

BTShooter

FNG
I'm working with Gore-Tex on sending the boots back, but if I have to pay shipping, it probably isn't going to be worth it. Gore-Tex is already pointing out multiple reasons for waterproofing failure that are unrelated to the membrane. This whole experience reflects very poorly on both companies.

Zdub02

WKR
I had a claim with goretex in 2019 or 2020 and they were prompt and more than helpful with fixing the issue. Sorry this is a bad ordeal for you. It does sound like a bad pair of boots as I've also never had a leather goretex boot leak straight out of the box.