Google Earth Crashing

Has anyone been having issues recently with Google Earth crashing? It happened to me three times last night. Fortunately I had just backed up my waypoints, but I literally redid one area four times !!!! with about 15 waypoints because I kept losing it when it crashed.

I deleted and reinstalled the program. I deleted all my plug ins and got fresh new ones and only imported the actual waypoints from the backup file. It still crashed about fifteen minutes after doing this and it lost all of my places. Last thing I tried was logging to off from the GE server and deleting my cache. So far that has worked as it didn’t crash when I added the last area back in for the fourth freaking time, but now I am literally going to be backing up my waypoints every five minutes until I trust it, which is kind of a PITA.

Anyone had issues like this and found a fix?

hawkman71

Lil-Rokslider
Nice. I was using Google Earth on my personal desktop and my work laptop which meant I had two different My places files. I never got around to it but I wanted to migrate the main one to Google drive and get both computers using the same file if possible.

I've used Google Earth extensively for metal detecting.