Good Rest that is not a QAD

So...I am new to archery and trying to teach myself how to shoot so I can bow hunt.

I had my new bow (Hoyt Carbon Spyder) set up and picked a QAD HDX rest. I am still working on proper grip mechanics but I have big hands and am currently carrying over a tendency to hold high on the grip with a closed hand and more vertical from pistol shooting. This brings my left thumb up in relation to the rest. I have had a problem with the activater knob on the QAD rest (on the right side of the rest) striking the top of my thumb when it rotates on release. This causes the rest to be delayed from dropping away, fletching strikes and arrow deflections and also takes the top of my skin off.

It is happening with much less frequency as I get my grip hand in the habit of properly addressing the bow (contact point, 45 degree cant, and loose hold). I am going to put a wrist sling on the bow to help assure proper hand placement. I plan to train it for another few more range sessions but I am concerned about reverting to bad habits at the moment of truth if I get a shot this year or how shooting with gloves might make the issue worse. So...

I am poking around looking for rests that have a different placement for the activater. G5 and Ripcord seem like good options.

Any thoughts from your more experienced bow hunters?

Thanks,
DJ

charvey9

WKR
Love the HDx Ultrarest. It is all I use.

I know the Trophy Taker Smackdown and Limbdriver Pro are both very popular, but have never used them.

Brodie

Lil-Rokslider
Limbdriver pro v has been an excellent rest for me and easy setup.

StrutNut

Lil-Rokslider
I chose the RipCord Code Red over the QAD as I herd is was better in colder weather. Not sure but I have had no problems shooting at-20 with the Rip Cord. I really like the rest. My son has a whisker Biscuit on his bow and for a no frills rest it is really good as well. The best thing about his is you dont have to worry about the string stretching or getting cut. For a hunting rest it seems to work very well.