Good Reading Material for the tent

HTNFSH

FNG
John Geirach has a very entertaining writing style. He will pit you there right next to him on his adventures... and you will find yourself chuckling aloud at times.

All fly fishing books though.
Love his books. I was trout fishing on the Delaware river one weekend and felt like I was in the middle of one of his stories. Death, Taxes and Leaky Waders is a favorite.

Chirogrow

Lil-Rokslider
My favorite book and one that I believe any hunter can appreciate is called "the comfort crisis"

Redwing

Lil-Rokslider
Empire of the Summer Moon (about the Comanches)
Empire of the Summer Moon is fantastic. As is Undaunted Courage by Ambrose.

More non-fiction:
-Monster of God by David Quammen
-A Hunters Heart: Honest Essays on Bloodsport, essays compiled by David Peterson.

If you're into fiction try:
-Cormac McCarthy novels
-The Heavenly Table by Donald Ray Pollock

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret

FYI Don't read about bear attacks. Doesn't make for pleasant nights in the tent.
However, if you want to rattle your buddy... Bear Attacks Their Causes and Avoidance.
(Excellent read before hunting season, but not IN the tent)

Warmsy

WKR
Great books! I was born and raised a Floridian so I really enjoyed A Land Remembered, but it's a great book for anyone to read.
The witchery of archery. They spend half a day making a hundred arrows at lake okochobee and then shoot birds the rest of the day!

Boone-In-Wall

Lil-Rokslider
You are more of a patient conservationist than I am. I tried listening to that book twice and couldn’t do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I enjoy reading small bits at a time as opposed to large sections. I'm usually exhausted by the time I get to my tent, so 2-3 pages is all i get.