Good Reading Material for the tent

TX_Diver

WKR
Jack Carr's series
Endurance - About the Shackleton voyage
Once an Eagle - This one might take a few days. It's also a giant book so not for packing in unless you need a secondary self defense weapon.

go_deep

WKR
For a real recommendation you need to tell us what are the things that you enjoy learning about in the last few years?
Do you like fiction, or non-fiction?
Do you like to be challenged, or just an easy read?

wyogoat

WKR
If you haven’t read it, Michener’s, Centennial, is awesome. Changed my life as a 15 year old when I first read it…

intunegp

WKR
I only read when on hunting trips. I am currently on the Joe Pickett series by CJ Box. Start with the first one and go in order. Joe is a Wyoming game warden and the books are a very good read.

Didn't know the Amazon series was based on books! I ignored the bad acting in season one enough to enjoy the story...started season two but lost a little interest when they started talking about wendigos/supernatural stuff. Still curious how things end up and I enjoy a good supernatural show, but usually separate from the more real-world stuff. What I've seen of season two feels like they watched Outer Range and wanted to jump on their bandwagon to draw some viewers in.

Anyway, I'll have to check out the Joe Pickett books.

OP
Traindriver

Traindriver

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you for the recommendations. Ill have years of reading material covered. Barnes and Noble just delivered "Ridgeline" by Michael Punke.

Deep Survival - Laurence Gonzales

I was looking at my book shelf for one to take next week and remembered this one.

Roan444

FNG
The Still Hunter by Theodore VanDyke

You have to get used to the writing style, as it was written in the 1880's, and realize the safety and ethics were different then, but the strategies before electronics are super interesting.

And anything Teddy Roosevelt.

TaperPin

WKR
It sounds stupid, but Medicine for Mountaineering, which is normally quite dry reading, but after a day stuck inside when you literally start reading clothing tags, it’s transformed into a wealth of very interesting topics.

1jeds

FNG
Blood Meridian by Cormack McCarthy is a favorite of mine, as is A Land Remembered by Patrick D Smith

Great books! I was born and raised a Floridian so I really enjoyed A Land Remembered, but it's a great book for anyone to read.

Poltax

Lil-Rokslider
The Mission, The Men, and Me Pete Babler Lots of life lessons and leadership from his time in Delta Force
Any of the books by John Styker Meyer about MACV/SOG in Vietnam.
Forstchen's series of books Day After..... There are 4

PlumberED

WKR
Classified Approved
Bible
Marine Sniper 93 Confirmed Kills by Charles Henderson
Peter Capstick
The Old Man and the Sea

Death in the Silent Places by Capstick
Empire of the Summer Moon (about the Comanches)
A Story Like the Wind by van der Post
Anything by Hemingway

mahonsr

Lil-Rokslider
Gordon MacQuarrie - old Duck Hunters Stories - the series i think there are 4 or so books that are Comprised of individual short stories. Great read of hunting and fishing in the old days. I read them every year about this time.

I only read when on hunting trips. I am currently on the Joe Pickett series by CJ Box. Start with the first one and go in order. Joe is a Wyoming game warden and the books are a very good read.
If you or anyone wants more books I think I have a box somewhere. Help me out with shipping. I’m a reader and don’t like book clutter