Good Car Camping Tent

jm1607

WKR
Looking for a good quality 5+ person tent (fit 3-4 people super comfortably). Something you can stand up in. Weight doesn't matter because it's for car camping. Prefer made in the USA. On somewhat of a budget so the cheaper the better...

Trr15

WKR
Cabela's Alaskan Guide tents are solid. I have an 8 man I'd sell you if it wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg to ship.

I would refer you to www.llbean.com to see what they have in stock. I have bought general purpose tents from them in the past and never had any problems. Their warranty and customer service is unbeatable in my opinion. Their price won't match a cheaper box store tent though.

• Banned
OP
jm1607

jm1607

WKR
thanks for the info guys..

I checked out the llbean site, Cabelas, and Coleman..

Out of those, I'm liking the Cabelas 12x12 Outfitter Tipi. I wanted more of a "cabin" style but I would rather have something better quality than cheap.. Still have alot of time to choose though, I'm not in a rush

whiskeysierra762

Lil-Rokslider

mikkel318

Lil-Rokslider
I've heard very good things about the Cabela's alaskan outback lodge (They are actually $100 off right now) and I am looking for the same purpose and possibly modifying the floor and adding a stovejack.

Mosby

WKR
I got a 12 x 12 Cabela's Alaknak on sale and it works great for 2-3 people. Going to buy a wood stove for it this year. If I was buying for more than a few people or needed more room for a kitchen etc, I would get a Bravo wall tent.

thanks for the info guys..

I checked out the llbean site, Cabelas, and Coleman..

Out of those, I'm liking the Cabelas 12x12 Outfitter Tipi. I wanted more of a "cabin" style but I would rather have something better quality than cheap.. Still have alot of time to choose though, I'm not in a rush

One of my hunting partners has this tent. It is nice. The only thing I didn't like was all the guylines. It was huge inside, but everything HAS to be staked and guyed out. That said, I have considered it for a base camp tent. I have a Eureka Tetragon 8. Nice tent for the money but not for any kind of cold weather. It has cross venting in it jusk kills me. I'll use it if needed but looking at a roof top tent for the jeep now.

b.roberts

FNG
Another Kodiak canvas tent fan here. Easy to setup, and shrugs off bad weather. Best tent I have ever had.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Brendan

WKR
For those of you suggesting Kodiak Canvas, why not a wall tent? Price isn't a whole lot different comparing 10x12, probably a little cheaper for the Kodiak Canvas. A Wall tent seems easier to option out, easier to run a stove, better suited for more extreme conditions. Ease of setup is probably in favor of the Kodiak Canvas especially solo, keeps you more mobile, probably better ventilated for warmer weather. I'm on the fence for my next purchase...

Comments? Especially from those of you who've used both.

Packed size, sewn in floor, weight, ventilation, ease of setup and price all go to the Kodiak. My wife can setup my 10x14 flexbow but the wall tent is like a puzzle.

You can get a floor sewn into a wall tent, or Windows for ventilation but price and weight increases.

It is also nice not to have any guy lines.