Going to Church

Remember, you can shoot a mule deer with your elk tag if an opportunity presents itself. !

This is definitely not true! You cannot put an elk tag on a deer in Idaho. However, in Idaho, you can use a NR deer or elk tag on a bear, wolf or mountain lion.

young7.3

WKR
This is definitely not true! You cannot put an elk tag on a deer in Idaho. However, in Idaho, you can use a NR deer or elk tag on a bear, wolf or mountain lion.

Apologies, you are correct. That leads to another suggestion...always confirm regulations through the state's game and fish website. Don't take my word for it.

Crippledsledge64

Lil-Rokslider
IMG-2721 rok.jpg

Here's a couple of photos to help you know what you're getting into. My Dad and I flew in last year in September, maybe we hit it right but we didn't see many people but it was also hot and people were flying into the strip and went other ways. I don't think you'd have to worry about rattlers much and definitely not mosquitoes. I would highly suggest buying a bear tag if that's what your into as we saw more bear (one really nice boar) than anything else. That terrain is steep! Elk were tough to hunt there, I did manage my first muley though. Definitely not for the faint of heart or in my case out of shape. PM me if you have any questions, Id be happy to give back after everyone helped me last year.

Attachments

• IMG-2707.jpg
    IMG-2707.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2189.jpg
    IMG_2189.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
View attachment 66681
View attachment 66682

Here's a couple of photos to help you know what you're getting into. My Dad and I flew in last year in September, maybe we hit it right but we didn't see many people but it was also hot and people were flying into the strip and went other ways. I don't think you'd have to worry about rattlers much and definitely not mosquitoes. I would highly suggest buying a bear tag if that's what your into as we saw more bear (one really nice boar) than anything else. That terrain is steep! Elk were tough to hunt there, I did manage my first muley though. Definitely not for the faint of heart or in my case out of shape. PM me if you have any questions, Id be happy to give back after everyone helped me last year.
Your pics aren't showing up for me

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

For what it’s worth the OP is using DAV tags. DAV and jr mentored tags are ONLY GOOD FOR THE NAMED SPECIES

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is incredible and rough country. I want to go back really bad but I’m honestly nervous about how hard it is. I WILL be back. I just need to make sure I’m completely ready. This is my dad’s partners place. Some of the most beautiful country there is.
3c0e74955746255611c0f73b66126d44.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk