Going to ATA? Don't miss the FDFT while you're there.

South Cox

FNG
The Full Draw Film Tour is going to be playing in Nashville on Tuesday night of the ATA Show. Go to their website to get tickets. If you missed the tour this spring, this is the last chance to see the '013 tour. The 2014 tour starts in a few months.

littlebuf

Banned
oh, i gather they "play" some movie. sorry, im way out of the fan boy circles i thought maybe it was some sort of exhibition

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
No fanboys there. Its a good show. Had a blast last year. For a good cause too.

trkyslr

WKR
oh, i gather they "play" some movie. sorry, im way out of the fan boy circles i thought maybe it was some sort of exhibition

No fan boys .... Just respect for good guys who hunt public land elk hard in the west in some tough country... Its some of the best elk hunting footage there is!!!

littlebuf

Banned
im sure its cool. i just thought initially it was some sort of archery exhibition thing hence my question. watching other guys hunt has never done it for me so im just out of touch with the video/hunting show thing.

OP
S

South Cox

FNG
Each year the FDFT solicits independent film makers to send in an entry of an 8-12 video from western bowhunts. They chose the 7-8 best films and then tour the western side of the country showing them. The proceeds go to Hunt of a Lifetime, offering a terminally ill child the chance to go on their dream hunt. The shows are generally held at a vintage movie theater in the town that hosts the show. Local archery shops, as well as industry sponsors of the show pony up product that is raffled off during intermission. It is a great time, with 200-500 bowhunters in the audience, all cheering, hooting and hollering. It really is a blast. If you haven't been to one of the shows the past couple of years, make a point to come in 2014. They are expanding the venue this year to 24 locations I believe and will be going east of the Mississippi for the first time. It supports a great cause and many of the films are really, really well done. There is some real talent and creativity out there. Don't think of it as TV hunting on the big screen, it is far from that!

^^^^^ Very well put! Highly recommend going, it's for a good cause and you're hanging around other bow hunters that enjoy the sport.