Going from multiple rifles to just one

sharps54

FNG
At the turn of the century I used to manage a gun shop / outdoor range in North Carolina and was able to shoot every day. These days I’m lucky to shoot once a month. :cry: I do have my grandfather’s Model 70 in 30-06 but I have left that the way he configured it, peep sight and all, so it is more of an heirloom.

I recently sold a bunch of guns and moved to a Howa 6.5 Creedmoor, as much for easily available factory ammo as anything. If I ever get to hunt out west it will do anything I need and it’s plenty for anything in Virginia and North Carolina.

I’d kind of like to have something a little handier for tree stand use so I’m considering getting a 6.5 Grendel mini bolt or even in an AR. It is definitely a want, not a need though.

I’ve got a Mossberg 12 gauge but it’s set up for home defense.

I consolidated handguns as well down to just .22 and 38/357. Well I do have a Blackhawk with 357, 9mm, 357 Sig, and 357/44 B&D cylinders but everyone needs a fun gun ;)

In fact with TC supposedly making new frames again soon I may wait on the 6.5 Grendel and just get a new one with a 14” 357/44 B&D barrel for tree stand hunting. That would still let me say I just have one hunting “rifle” …