Glassing height

wildbill

Lil-Rokslider
Considering removing one section of my tripod legs possibly two but don’t want to hamstring myself haven’t glassed for sheep before . Was thinking most if not all would be done sitting but not sure .its a early August hunt and the model is slik 634 if that matters .Thanks,Billy

I don't hunt sheep but no way I'm taking sections out of my 634. They come in handy even when seated in the steep stuff. If anything I would remove the longer section of center column.

I considered removing sections on 2 legs, and leaving one full length for when I'm on a steep hillside (long one reaches out and down). I'd say that's how I use my tripod 90% of the time anyway. I just never had a tripod I wanted to hack up badly enough to save a few oz.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Removing sections limits how you can set up on uneven ground. Sure, you'll probably be sitting, but it likely won't be very level. I'd leave it as is. That is a pretty light tripod.

Jeremy

Thanks for the input ,it’s all about trying to save weight didn’t want to pack something that wasn’t necessary,Billy

I've been able to use an Outdoorsmans Medium pretty much anywhere I've ever gone and I've been using it for 25 years give or take. Leg length is about 36" I believe. I prefer to sit on the ground. It's been all over in all types of terrain for Coues, Desert Sheep, Rocky Sheep, Elk, Ibex, Barbary, etc...you name it it's worked one way or another.

Back