Girfriends First Elk

robie

WKR
Congrats to both of you. I've been building points for my wife in WY. Looking forward to when we get to go.

OP
907to406

907to406

Lil-Rokslider
I wouldn't ruin it by boiling it. Slice it up crosswise and grill or fry like any other steak.......rare.

When I saw the second pic I expected to see a bite taken out of the heart that she's holding. Tell her she's slacking........and congratulations!

Sorry for the misunderstanding but she didn't boil it, just soaked it in water and salt, no heat.

I usually use milk or coke for waterfowl and let the breasts soak for a couple day it removes the gamey taste. We ended up cutting this heart into strips, dunking it in egg and flower with some seasonings then frying in some fat and it was very good.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Nice!

Haha I mentioned it but she wanted the heart so in after it she went.

You can still get the heart easily gutless, you just reach in via the ribs, the shape/feeling of it is easy to locate blindly.

Thank you and it won't soon be forgotten. Personally I'm not a heart fan. She cooked my moose heart for me and I could hardly stomach it but the rest of the meat has been delicious and that's the only bad meal she's ever made me. She made it into some really gourmet stir fry. It just tasted really Irony. She is going to soak this one in milk for a couple days then cook it. I'll keep you posted.

FYI I don't like the texture of heart all that much but it is a perfectly fine lean piece of meat that I clean up and add to my trim pile (unless I know someone that wants it whole).