Gillette WY to start building nuclear power plants

manitou1

WKR
I'll just put this here:
Fukushima, Three Mile Island, and Chernobyl familiar to anybody?

They plan to use the reactors to power coal/methane facilities around the state.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
In the past ~40 years in the USA, deaths related to providing clean energy is greater than nuclear energy. CE 2, NE 0.

And let's not forget that NE has zero carbon emissions, which somehow, the left and its MSM mouthpiece, has convinced millions that it will be the surefire end to civilization if they are not eliminated.

Oh, and one more thing, Al Gore (you know the guy that invented the Internet), said in 1996 that the east coast will be under 1-2 feet of water in 25 years if nothing is done about global warming.

Anybody on the east coast that can step outside for me to verify? :ROFLMAO:

Eddie

Last edited:

CMP70306

Lil-Rokslider
My biggest thing is where is the water in Gillette? Nuclear power requires a significant amount of water for the heat exchangers and I don’t see any major rivers in the area.

I've gotten briefings from General Atomics reps and several others on new designs that are literally designed to be impossible to have a meltdown with, including "pebble-bed reactors" and other types, that are pretty interesting. It would be good to know what type they're planning on putting in Gillette. It makes a difference. The biggest issue for me isn't whether or not a reactor can be operated safely (we have had several hundred at sea for over half a century), but what happens with a natural or man-made disaster impacting that design.

WKR
My biggest thing is where is the water in Gillette? Nuclear power requires a significant amount of water for the heat exchangers and I don’t see any major rivers in the area.
Not sure if they'll be operated in the area, or built there to then transport to their final location. "tiny" reactors.

go_deep

WKR

Funny you should ask, there is no water in Gillette, literally none. They have a large pipeline that brings water in from Belle Fourche, South Dakota. Maybe they can recycle the water, maybe there's water there but unfit to drink, but could be used for cooling?

TaperPin

WKR
I thought Bill Gates was going to build one north of Green River?

Interesting there is so much private money interested in it.

WDO

FNG
Like its been said above, nuclear is pretty clean and the safety issues are pretty low.
Biggest issue will be the budget overruns that ultimately the citizens pay for. VC Summers in SC and Vogtle units 3 and 4 in GA.

Nuclear will be the future for many years. Most new Nuclear will be much smaller scale than the typical Palo Verde's and such. Newer technology that is proving to be very cost effective vs. Renewable generation.