Giardia

Jamesj

FNG
I was watching a podcast on ivermectin and covid. It hit me. Would ivermectin prevent giardia? Giardia is caused by a parasite and ivermectin has a wonderful track record in preventing parasites in humans. I took some and will try drinking unfiltered water and we shall see!

taskswap

WKR
LOL totally. Troll. FNG whose only post is about a questionable medication he learned about from a "podcast" that isn't named, regarding benefits that aren't supported, crossing over to new uses that it isn't intended for, SAYS he drank water (which we can't prove) from an unfiltered source (which we can't prove) that contains giardia (which even he doesn't apparently have a way to determine).

Anybody want to bet the follow up won't be "ivermectin workEDDD!"?

Funnily enough Ivermectin does actually kill giardia but you'd have to extract your blood into a petri dish because the dosage required to do it is like 100x what's safe for humans to consume. Think I'll stick with my filter, thanks.

Drenalin

WKR.
I'm interested in how this turns out, but I won't be trying it. Aside from the guesswork with the meds, I don't think I'd like yellow, brown, or gritty water. And I'm 100% confident I would not like giardia, or any of the other stuff you can get from drinking untreated water. Think of all the stuff that transmits via feces, then try to imagine all the feces in accessible water...and realize it's probably more than you're imagining.

LOL totally. Troll. FNG whose only post is about a questionable medication he learned about from a "podcast" that isn't named, regarding benefits that aren't supported, crossing over to new uses that it isn't intended for, SAYS he drank water (which we can't prove) from an unfiltered source (which we can't prove) that contains giardia (which even he doesn't apparently have a way to determine).

Anybody want to bet the follow up won't be "ivermectin workEDDD!"?

Funnily enough Ivermectin does actually kill giardia but you'd have to extract your blood into a petri dish because the dosage required to do it is like 100x what's safe for humans to consume. Think I'll stick with my filter, thanks.
You don't happen to be a liberal, do you? You seem like the type that believes the government has your best interest in mind.... I could go on for days

OP you could probably drink tons of unfiltered water and never have an issue, until you do. I suspect you're bored and goofing off with this post though. I've eaten plenty of apple flavored paste but wouldn't think that's a good route in this particular case. Now if you cultured some giardia and ate a known amount of it then we'd have an experiment.

Axlrod

WKR
Do all you guys who care so much about FNG, WKR, WTF badges have stickers on your car that say what ‘rank’ you are on an Internet forum? Weird point of pride lol
I have a truck, not a FNG car! I won't even park next to a FNG car. I don't have a sticker yet, but my vanity plates say WKR4LiFE.