A pistol failure story…

G45 and G20sf with rmrHDs on both and some steepling.
Nothing else extra,as I trust the Glocks to do what they do.
The rmr adds significant accuracy and range for me personally.
G43x for daily,refuse to use aftermarket mags as 11 is plenty.

Fatcamp

WKR
I have a custom trigger in my competition gun that has ran great for a coue thousand rounds or so, I don't keep track, but my carry pistols are all factory. It's not that bad and can actually be perfectly fine with practice.

Weldor

WKR
Aftermarket Glock triggers are toys. It will happen again, and again. Pull that trigger and replace it with a factory Glock trigger- no mods save maybe a factory Minus connector.
Absolutely, Stock works the best. There's plenty of youtubers out there warning us about aftermarket triggers. Take a gander and you'll be suprised.

One of the last times I went out shooting, I tossed in a 1911 that's been a house gun for quite some time. I have no idea how long the HydraShoks have been loaded in that gun.

About half of them had a pretty good hang fire to them. I was not expecting that

bpitcher

FNG
One of the last times I went out shooting, I tossed in a 1911 that's been a house gun for quite some time. I have no idea how long the HydraShoks have been loaded in that gun.

About half of them had a pretty good hang fire to them. I was not expecting that
I had a similar experience with some PDX in my younger years.

I rotate carry ammo every 6-12 months now.

Thegman

WKR
When I moved to WY, I took the Kimber out coyote hunting on a -20 day. Nothing came in, so I popped in my plugs and lined up on a rock at 200 to confirm the zero. Click!....Click!....Boom! Once home, I ordered a heavier firing pin spring.

I think we may be living in parallel universes...

I was still hunting for moose in a forest. Didn't find a moose that day, but did find a grizzly about 50 yards away feeding on devil's club berries. In order to get a clear shot I had to walk up a leaning birch tree to get 6 feet or so higher. Standing on this birch tree, the Kimber goes "click". Fortunately the bear didn't seem to notice and the next "click" came with a "boom". Kimber sent me a new FP and stronger spring. It has been 100% since, but maybe a little less exciting to hunt with.

Thegman

WKR
Thanks for sharing. How confident are you in your ability to make lethal hits with that setup after going through this?

There are a lot of upsides to a sub-compact glock in 10mm, however, there are also significant downsides.

I am torn on the issue as I shoot my full size, DA/SA 9mm MUCH more accurately.
I was in the same boat. Over the past 30 years I've gone through a couple of 44s, then G29, G20, and a couple of other 10mms, then 45 Super 1911s. All the 10s are gone, the 45 Supers retired, the 44 99% retired and now it's almost always a 9mm.

After reading multiple accounts of everything 9mm and above being equally effective in bear encounters, the 9mm makes the most sense for me. I can shoot it significantly faster and more accurately than anything else that's appropriate for the task. All else being equal, I'm sure my hard-cast 44 loads are better, but like you say, all else isn't equal.

NeonBrown

FNG
I've been using the Glock Performance Trigger in my competition pistols and it is working fine. I used the minus connector before it was released. No issues ever.
This is the best answer for those wary of aftermarket. I agree with many out there who'd say a Glock needs a new trigger and irons out of the box, every time (I'd used Apex triggers in my 19X before I parted with it), but for those who don't want to go 3rd party but still want an upgrade...this is it.

All that being said, I'm a Sig and Staccato guy for competition and edc so most glock triggers feel awful for me.