WTB Ghostbear ripped me off!

Gutshotem

WKR
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Would it flag the IRS if you were to buy something over $600, but split payment up over 2 (or more) G&S transactions? Wasn't sure if that'd still flag Brandon's IRS goon squad... asking for a friend! 🤣
$600 total for the year.

Also, just because someone has been here for a while or has a certain amount of feedback, doesn't mean it isn't a scam. I've seen plenty of people here and on other sites have their accounts hacked with the hacker making and responding to classifieds listings. Cover as many bases as you can before sending anyone $.

Brendan

WKR
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The problem with PayPal for sellers (and every other legit payment processor designed for this) is the Tax Reporting thing.

If I sell a whole bunch of stuff in a year, even if I'm not making money on it and don't have to pay taxes, it still gets reported to the IRS and even when I'm legitimately not paying taxes it increases my chance of getting audited and having the IRS crawl all up my A**, and you have to keep records on what you paid for it, when, what you got for the sale, selling costs, fees, shipping costs, net profit or loss. Audits suck, BTDT.

I'm crossing my fingers and keeping good documentation this year as I'm well over the $600 total anyways, but I'm in the camp of probably not accepting PayPal for transactions once I get to $599 total in the future. I'll use Zelle, not Venmo or F&F, but I also have no problem giving people my phone, email, text and I'm good about being honest about what I sell, shipping insured, etc.

Basically, the IRS is just making it harder for sellers, and their hiring tens of thousands of new IRS Agents to come after people for crap like this to get "their share".

As a buyer, I get it. Use Zelle, Paypal F&F, Venmo, etc. - you've got zero protection. Except maybe if you fund with your credit card, and then file a complaint that you were defrauded. Haven't tried that yet.

MTHokie

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't grill the guy with 'when ppl are gonna learn'. You might spend all your life waiting for that response on your post and glued to your comp/smartphone but not everybody is here all the time. It happens and it sucks. Your big words are not going to make someone feel better for how they got frauded. Spare your 'I know everything/I'm so smart' attitude....Read stickey or read this' I've bought and sold thousabds of stuff online on million forums...I do not ever read any sticky or this or that. Use my own judgement and follow.
To OP.....Man....it sucks it happens and I sincerely hope that paypal or somebody can do sonething about it. Thank you for informing us here.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Yes to this.