Getting meat in vac bags

rickiesrevenge

Lil-Rokslider
Im looking for a better way to get burger into vac bags. I want to build or buy a rack to have 4-8 positions for the vac bags. That way one kid can be just putting bags on the rack and one can run the sealer. I can then weigh and stuff bags as fast as possible

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

bootstrap

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure what kind/size rack you have in mind. There are several dish dryer/drainer racks that might fit the bill.

I have found that a red solo cup filled just slightly past the top is about right at 1 lb of burger. So I fill up the cup and dump it in the vacuum bag, seal and repeat. It’s super easy and fast. My 7 year old daughter usually fills up the bags and I work the vacuum sealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to use a paper plate. It made it easy to weigh into 1 or 2lb on the plate then fold it and slide the meat into the bag. This year I started using the burger bags like you get from the meat processor. The little machine that seals the bag with tape is pretty slick and automatically trims the excess bag after it applies the tape. Occasionally I have to put it through twice if the tape didn’t stay tight which takes another second or 2 which is probably operator error. The bags have a fill line that is approximately 1lb or 2lb depending on the size you get which is close enough for me so it saves the time weighing each bag. I fill them straight out of the grinder with the big sausage tube or use a hand crank sausage stuffer depending on what I’m doing and is way faster also. The machine was about $30 on Amazon and the bags are cheap too, I think the brand is lem. This probably cuts the burger packaging time to less than half and they stack nicely like logs in the freezer.

OP
R

rickiesrevenge

Lil-Rokslider
Well, I found pretty much what I had in my head at a store in Anchorage today. My kiddo was excited to not have to use the rolled up cutting board funnel.

I've never been a fan of burger in the tubes. They take too long to thaw. Seems like when we're using burger it's kinda last minute and I always seem to forget to get it out early enough. If it's vac sealed and squished flat it thaws super fast.
f4797f2ff8e1f9ae5866cd23df690d97.jpg
3c98a787adbe8aa098d89e2a9427582d.jpg
4ceb6a56bd2edfca0235213d58912893.jpg

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I have a cheap funnel cylinder looking thing similar to the pic above. Mine doesnt have the holder. That looks handy. I want to say I bought it on amazon. I dont use it much anymore since I went to putting grind and sausage into the plastic meat bags using my grinder. Much mo betta than vac packing grind the way I did for 25 years.