German Precision Optics Question

enbhunts

FNG
Hey folks,

Anyone have any experience with German Precision Optics, specifically the binos in the field? Looking for a new set and trying to distinguish between these and a few from Leupold.

Haven't been able to find many different reviews on the 10x42 and or the 10x50s.

Thanks for any insight.

Arcticmanak

Lil-Rokslider
I have the GPO Passion HD 10x42. Last year after comparing the Maven B6 10x50, Kowa Genesis 10.5x44 and GPO Passion HD 10x42 I decided to keep the GPO's.
Optically, ergonomically they were absolutely the best choice for me.

You can read about my experience here.

Bluto

WKR
Amateur rambling, but it’s info and what I thought about GPO 10x42.

This isn’t between Leupold and GPO, and I do end up going with alpha glass, but this is what I thought last year. I bought a few and returned them, just for head to head comparisons.

Arcticmanak

Lil-Rokslider
He asked specifically for input from people with firsthand experience with GPO optics.
I don't really care about the name. Big deal, they are capitalizing on the history of their management/ownership with well known German optics manufacturers, and their headquarters, design, QC are in Germany.
I'm far more concerned about the performance of a piece of gear than the label, or brand name.
My Passion HD's are exceptional optics that compete with all but perhaps the top alpha models. I found a great deal on mine and am very happy with them.
Don't take my word for it though, go back and read the post by Doug at Cameraland. He knows his stuff, speaks highly of them, and I spent time with him on the phone last year before I made my purchase.

OP
E

enbhunts

FNG
He asked specifically for input from people with firsthand experience with GPO optics.
I don't really care about the name. Big deal, they are capitalizing on the history of their management/ownership with well known German optics manufacturers, and their headquarters, design, QC are in Germany.
I'm far more concerned about the performance of a piece of gear than the label, or brand name.
My Passion HD's are exceptional optics that compete with all but perhaps the top alpha models. I found a great deal on mine and am very happy with them.
Don't take my word for it though, go back and read the post by Doug at Cameraland. He knows his stuff, speaks highly of them, and I spent time with him on the phone last year before I made my purchase.
The passion hd's seem to be able to compete with most of the top lines out there