Gear bag recommendations both first aid and tools

DuckDogDr

WKR
Wanting to upgrade my dog’s first aid kit as well as have tools organized in the truck for when I need them..

I’m getting OCD as I get older and also want to be better prepared.

1) Right now I have various meds/ splints / bandages etc in a poorly organized tackle box for the dogs when we travel .
I would like some recommendations to keep a more complete set up ready.
I want something I can expand from a mini first aid kit to essentially a portable ambulance.

Looked at a few bags as well as pelican cases.

Same for tool bag .except would really prefer this to be soft sided but keep all wrenches and ratchets organized, jack , wire crimpers, jumper cables etc…
Side not I hate shit rattling .. want it quiet but tucked away

Not super heavy duty but for the price and organization they work great. I keep a couple in my jeep. One has tools / recovery items. One has a kill kit, batteries for my game cameras, first aid kit , etc. They are like 12-14$

Attachments

• IMG_0238.png
    IMG_0238.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 17

WhiskeyDoc

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure if it’s quite what you want, but as far as medical, this is what I use. Mainly cause it’s what I was issued but it works great. You can strap it to the back of a seat, or stow it away in the floor. Opened up, each section is an individual bag Velcro’d in with a name tape that you can always customize. So you can have trauma, boo-boo, tools, k9 whatever in separate bags. Tear out the one you need and go.

As far as the rattling, it’s usually not an issue with med gear but with tools, you just need to stuff some cravats or other cloth in the pouch. Useful for cleaning up after work anyway. Or the molle panel that comes with the bag is great for keeping smaller tools/flashlights/things neatly organized. I took my molle panel out of the bag and put it in my work backpack to keep everything structured instead of sliding down to the bottom of the bag like i despise.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Depending on the number of tools you want to carry a "Tool Roll" is great for organizing and keeping tools quite. I'd recommend if storing inside the cab with you. Something like this-https://www.atlas46.com/online-store/Yorktown-Tool-Roll%C2%AE-2024-Edition-p88260008 of course there are cheaper knockoffs available too.

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk