Gas Vehicles - Are you concerned new Biden Admin EPA regulations on gas vehicle emissions will restrict or negatively impact your ability to hunt?

Will the new restriction on gas power vehicle emission negatively impact your hunting?y

• Yes

• No

• Not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Nationally, I think common sense will prevail eventually.
We haven't seen wide scale common sense in this country for decades. What makes you think that it would suddenly make a comeback out of the blue? That's like thinking that the bushel full of rotten apples will suddenly turn into good apples. Not gonna happen.

2five7

WKR
From the article posted by the OP....

These standards will avoid more than 7 billion tons of carbon emissions and provide nearly $100 billion of annual net benefits to society, including $13 billion of annual public health benefits due to improved air quality, and $62 billion in reduced annual fuel costs, and maintenance and repair costs for drivers.

When was the last time emissions equipment saved anyone money on repairs or maintenance?

These standards will avoid more than 7 billion tons of carbon emissions and provide nearly $100 billion of annual net benefits to society, including $13 billion of annual public health benefits due to improved air quality, and $62 billion in reduced annual fuel costs, and maintenance and repair costs for drivers.

When was the last time emissions equipment saved anyone money on repairs or maintenance?
I know the def systems in diesels have cost a lot of money in extra repairs and BS. Now you can't even find anyone to delete them for you anymore. I had an '11 Ford f250 and after we pulled the def crap and went straight pipe, chipped it up, would burn the tires going down the road. Lot of fun.

tdhanses

WKR
Yep. I would not believe much of what you read.

The company I work for supplies basically ALL the auto manufacturers in North America.
We are very in tune to what is and what is not sold. EVs are not selling at even 10% of what their projections were. The “traditional” OEMs are getting their a$$es handed to them and are pivioting hard back to ICE products and any of the all EV producers that are still existing other than Tesla are doing so because of massive government handouts.

I’m not citing news reports I’m giving an eye witness account…
Yup and I think it was Fisker that it cut its price of its vehicles 50% recently and is about to go bankrupt even with government handouts.

Last edited:

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
For hunting an EV has no place in my lineup (I replaced my truck in 2022 so I'm good for a decade+ ideally). BUT I have 3 kids (11,12,14) that will be driving soon and I am tempted about the idea of buying a 2023 Bolt EUV purely because of the tax incentives. Between the feds and CO I could knock $15k off the price. This is more than buying a cheap old beater ICE but should be extremely low maintenance for a number of years and the kids just need to remember to plug the stupid thing in (or suffer the consequences of having to wait to recharge). I already have two 50amp outlets (one outside and one inside my garage) and the kids don't need extended range driving.

Bluefish

WKR
For hunting an EV has no place in my lineup (I replaced my truck in 2022 so I'm good for a decade+ ideally). BUT I have 3 kids (11,12,14) that will be driving soon and I am tempted about the idea of buying a 2023 Bolt EUV purely because of the tax incentives. Between the feds and CO I could knock $15k off the price. This is more than buying a cheap old beater ICE but should be extremely low maintenance for a number of years and the kids just need to remember to plug the stupid thing in (or suffer the consequences of having to wait to recharge). I already have two 50amp outlets (one outside and one inside my garage) and the kids don't need extended range driving.
Honestly if you only drive 30-40 miles per day a bolt will go 3 days easily. You may find that you really like it for a grocery getter. I liked mine, but doesn’t have the range for where I live now. Btw it’s almost as fast as a mid 80’s mustang GT.

gbflyer

WKR
Not at all. Just bought a used 2011 Raptor SVT. There are more important things in life to worry about than fuel economy.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Honestly if you only drive 30-40 miles per day a bolt will go 3 days easily. You may find that you really like it for a grocery getter. I liked mine, but doesn’t have the range for where I live now. Btw it’s almost as fast as a mid 80’s mustang GT.
As a 3rd car/kids car where I live an EV actually does fit the use case well, I wouldn't likely consider one without the substantial discount in incentives though (purely because its more than I'd spend even on a ICE for that use case). The kids school(s) are all <4mi so it'd be fine for their needs when the time comes and as noted it'd serve fine for around town in the meantime.

My truck has the 7.3godzilla in it, lol. Luckily I don't have a commute so its mainly hunting/camping trip miles that accumulate.

Rich M

WKR
Now, the guy who can hop on his horse and go up the mtn to hunt, won't affect him. Everyone else - yupper. This is a longtime gift, just like obamacare.

Beaglegun

Lil-Rokslider
Hunters should get a gas credit from the regime, I mean government because we are reducing the farts of elk, deer, turkey, prairie dogs, etc.

Beendare

WKR
I’ll add info that instead of buying a new truck last year since truck prices were absolutely bat shit nuts I kept my 2011 f150 that was paid for and bought a Chevy bolt euv as a commuter car to work. It was 33k out the door and I got a 7500$ tax credit this April. Hard to find a nicer new vehicle for 25.5k and my fuel costs are so much lower. So far it has 25k miles and my only maintenance has been a tire rotation.

I understand many live in the middle of nowhere not near larger infrastructure and I have the added benefit of free charging at work, but chevy paid for a free 220v install in my garage and I’ve never charged publicly. The truck goes hunting and the car does family stuff. So far it’s a great combo.

Idk the whole deal with car companies struggling to sell them, it took me 5 months of waiting on a waitlist to get mine. I also 100% agree with an expansion of nuclear energy but the Loud people of both sides think nuclear is the boogeyman.
You are the ideal EV buyer....and it makes sense for you. I have friends with solar panels and home chargers that just use these EV's for grocery runs. That works.

For me no....and its short sighted our Gov is trying to make everyone fit in the same box.

Fatcamp

WKR

That's the tyrants end game for everything. They cite, " Societal benefits!!!!" and prove their point by using data from people who see the world through their lens, using questionable at best statistics.

When reality creeps in down the road the same old song and dance goes on about how no one could have possibly known it wouldn't pan out. They just lie and enough people go through life wearing rose colored glasses and believing them that they get by with it.

Oh well. I'm about to invest in a big block old school truck, and a homemade ethanol plant. 🙃

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poodles