Garmin Xero C1 Pro Chronograph

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
When the guys at Garmin told me they made a chronograph the size of a GoPro, it piqued my interest. When the box showed up at my house two days ago, I thought, well, they didn't lie, but will it work, or will it be a pain in the ass like my lab radar can be unless it's hooked up to a recoil sensor?

The little unit was easy to set up, as was the app, pairing the phone to the C1 Pro was simple.
@Nbowlin and I tried it with a braked 300 PRC with no issues. Then we tried to trick it with my 6UM with a suppressor attached; The C1 registered all three shots. Garmin may have a winner here. Nick shoots almost daily and will test it over the coming week. He will update this thread and finish with a review.

7993c48d04900eed20a90b79fd86f39c.jpg

a2fc69f2c1d0121f970f8b6a4d6fb04d.jpg

c45c709deb0f3ec3dc218e2ce4f7266b.jpg

cdeedd27de5b9c2985d29cf8c21a4738.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Garmin unveils Xero C1 Pro chronograph: Shot velocity made simple, small
and stunningly accurate

The newest advancement in chronograph technology provides easy and accurate velocity measurements
for projectiles ranging from 100 to 5000 feet per second

OLATHE, Kan./October 19, 2023/Outdoor Wire – Garmin (NYSE: GRMN) today announced the Xero
C1 Pro, a pocket-sized chronograph that accurately measures projectile velocities from 100 to 5,000
feet per second. Remarkably fast and simple to set up, Xero C1 Pro features a button-operated design
and intuitive user interface. Thanks to the new ShotView smartphone app, comprehensive velocity
data is organized and easily accessible directly from the user’s phone.

“With the Xero C1 Pro, Garmin is proud to introduce a new benchmark for chronograph technology. Combining
performance and reliability into a pocket-sized package, this highly adaptable device represents the innovation
and accuracy that has become synonymous with Garmin engineering. Just shoot and immediately receive speed
data and statistics for that string of shots. Simply put, gone are the days of cumbersome, fussy chronograph
setups and missed shots.” – Dan Bartel, Garmin Vice President of Global Consumer Sales
Accuracy through Innovation.

In addition to bullets, Xero C1 Pro can capture velocity data for arrows, crossbow bolts, shotgun slugs,
and paintballs – as well as airsoft devices. During a shooting session, Xero C1 Pro will display the
speed of the projectile and shot count, average speed, as well as standard deviation and extreme
spread after each shot.
Once the session is complete, the unit will provide an on-screen Session Summary, including the
minimum, maximum, and average speed of the shots, as well as extreme spread and standard
deviation. Users can even customize the display to show Power Factor and Kinetic Energy when
projectile grain weight is entered.

Compact and easy to use

Smaller than a deck of cards (3” x 2.8” x 1.4”) and weighing just over 100 grams, the chronograph is
small enough to slip into the pocket of a range bag. Xero C1 Pro is range-ready, rain or shine, due to its
button-operated design, IPX71 water-resistant rating, and sunlight-readable, high-contrast display. And,
thanks to a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, users can get data for up to 2,000 shots on a single
charge.

Dedicated ShotView App

After a shooting session is complete, the device will automatically sync with the new ShotView app.
This easy-to-use app provides shot data in organized data fields for rapid interpretation. Shot data
includes speed, deviation, extreme spread, kinetic energy and more. Users can mark shots as
clean/cold bore as well as exclude outliers from session calculations. In addition, users can create
custom names for each session and add detailed notes for both specific shots and the entire session.
Users can set their sights on a Xero C1 Pro chronograph now for a suggested retail price of $599.99.
To learn more, visit garmin.com/outdoor.

Engineered on the inside for life on the outside, Garmin products have revolutionized life for
adventurers, athletes, and outdoor enthusiasts everywhere. Committed to developing products and
services that enhance experiences and provide peace of mind, Garmin believes every day is an
opportunity to innovate and a chance to beat yesterday. For more information, visit Garmin's virtual
Newsroom, email our press team, connect with @garminoutdoor on social media, or follow our
adventures at garmin.com/blog.

7a97e93451c3105b37beb62c243bc58c.jpg

4f075a8b1aeaa9c7cf05bfcd415f6d93.jpg

1515b371b7a711142b3dd98ed6b787ad.jpg

Last edited:

mthayr

WKR
@Ryan Avery Do you know if it has the ability to measure velocity downrange as well as at the muzzle (for making ballistic coefficient calculations)? I can't find any information on that in Garmin's literature.

Wrench

WKR
I should have one in my hands within a week. I'll be running it with the big orange to test. The guys who I deal with shoot a lot and the feedback so far is good. Built in rechargeable battery seems like a no brainer.

Story to me was it survived a 300rum ride and functioned as designed.

I hope they're right.

TxLite

WKR
Yeah.. I’m gonna need one.

Sounds like it does pretty much everything you could ask a Chronograph to do while being the size of a GoPro. Excellent job on Garmin’s part.

Edit: with the ability to store shooting sessions in the app, the only thing I would consider “missing” is the ability to input ambient temperature so you can keep track of your dope easier.

Last edited:
Dang that sounds like a winner! Going to make the LR obsolete if everything pans out. I just don't wanna spend $600 on one.

wtx

FNG
Yeah.. I’m gonna need one.

Sounds like it does pretty much everything you could ask a Chronograph to do while being the size of a GoPro. Excellent job on Garmin’s part.

Edit: with the ability to store shooting sessions in the app, the only thing I would consider “missing” is the ability to input ambient temperature so you can keep track of your dope easier
you should have the ability to add notes to a session in the app (atmospherics and temp), don't recall which article it was but there aren't that many to read through yet should be easy to find.

fwafwow

WKR
Thank you for this thread. I have not seen it for sale anywhere other than the Garmin site. Has anyone seen it being sold for less than the $599?

Lawnboi

WKR
I don’t think we will see a discount on these anytime soon. These are already huge.

Area 419 makes an arca arm for one to use right on your rifle. Talk about an easy velocity check, something you could do while actually shooting a stage.

I’m hoping to get one eventually.

Thank you for this thread. I have not seen it for sale anywhere other than the Garmin site. Has anyone seen it being sold for less than the $599?
Garmin keeps a pretty tight leash on their product pricing. I would venture to guess you won’t find it any cheaper for quite some time. I’ve been using Garmin products for a long time now and you normally have to pay to play.

I have a bit of a chip on my shoulder towards Garmin due to how they shitcanned support on my $600 dog e collar when they acquired tri-tronics and then sold me their version that was a POS and how they caused headaches with inreach stuff when they bought it from delorme.. But i'm struggling to not buy one and list my labradar for sale right now.

Last edited:

carter33

WKR
Well there goes a wad of cash I wasn’t planning on spending. Wonder what the used market for the LR will be like.

assembling a recoil sensor (and a red dot for aiming the stupid thing) this weekend for my labradar because shooting it at the range gets annoying with it throwing up an error every time someone else shoots.

definitely interested to see if this garmin can handle an active range with five shooters blasting away. so far i've only seen glowing review of someone on their nice and fancy personal backyard range. and i sure as heck don't have one of those