Gaiters

Dixie07

Lil-Rokslider
I am wanting to buy a pair of gaiters for an upcoming high country Colorado deer hunt. I would like the get a pair of KUIU gaiters, but since they aren't going to be in stock for quite some time I suppose I am going to have to look elsewhere. Right now, I am leaning towards the Outdoor Research Crocodile gaiters, but I am open to suggestions.

Chuffness

FNG
Ive got OR Crocs.. Love em. However when I walk sometimes the inner tabs grab each other. Kinda annoying. But other than that they are great... I also use the OR Ultra Trail Runners for scouting those are top notch too.

Wrongside

WKR
I like the OR Expedition CROC gaiters and the coverage they give a boot. A boot with a high rand, like my Hanwag Omegas, has barely any leather left showing after strapping the ORs down.

Several different models of CROCS to choose from, most very durable and all with a great warranty.

tstowater

WKR
Just got back from a Dall sheep hunt in Alaska. I used the KUIU gaiters and really liked them. I think they fit a little big, but I would see what the others think about that. Really worked well for stream crossings. Didn't even know they were on the rest of the time. Didn't find them to be noisy. If anything, I would be slightly concerned about the strap that goes around the bottom of the boot, but it held up well on the hunt. When I was done with the hunt, I gave them to my guide as he was eyeing them the whole time. Called KUIU yesterday and put the next pair on preorder. Should be here October/November they said. I have previously used the ones that Cabelas sold with Gore-tex and they worked well, except the boot strap seemed to collect snow and mud. I have been told that wrapping them with tape will generally stop that problem. You can see mine in the picture I posted in a sheep thread called Alaska Dall sheep and its weather. Bummer if you can't wait.

CtP

Lil-Rokslider
OR Crocs!! Bear them up for years in SE Ak and they're still going strong!!!!

tstowater

WKR
Got a phone call from KUIU yesterday that the preordered gaitors were in and ready to ship. Actually ahead of schedule.

dotman

WKR
Weird, I just talked to them minutes ago and was told expected date is Nov.