G9 Defense

162c8ca4af1997224e7ce7aee1597f18.jpg

I’ll just leave this here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is impressive. Both the Woodsman and the external hollow point. I think the woodsman would be a completely legitimate hunting round in a pistol caliber carbine, no question.

G9 Defense

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Good to hear. I’m sick of carrying my 10mm and am not the best shot with it either. I need to find a solid round for my 43.
I prefer running the +P for the 43 and 365 just to make up some velocity for the shorter barrel.

G9 Defense

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
It is impressive. Both the Woodsman and the external hollow point. I think the woodsman would be a completely legitimate hunting round in a pistol caliber carbine, no question.
I think even in 9mm a it's a great option for whitetail sized game. A 16" PCC with a red dot would be an awesome set up for a kid or newer shooter.

James Nash killed an Oregon bull with a 10mm Woodsman this past season. He said it truly exceeded expectations. The round absolutely destroyed heart and lungs and the bull went about 20 yards.

Attachments

• IMG_6461.jpg
    IMG_6461.jpg
    562.1 KB · Views: 39
After cleaning all the copper out of my Fieldcraft's barrel, I went to the closest range and did some testing of the 6.5 CM 113g. Hunters and Match ammo. I was averaging 2,903 fps out of the 18" barrel with both, along with very low spreads. Accuracy at 100 yards was 1/2 MOA, shooting off of a Spartan bipod and bean bag for the rear.

I also shot at small (12-18”) patches of snow up on a rock face at a steep uphill angle at 725, 890 and 1070 equivalent yardages, using a Leica CRF 2800.com for corrections. Hits were verified using a MagView adapter with my iPhone on a Kowa 773. I was very impressed with the accuracy.

In this initial test, I wasn't getting to the published B.C.'s out of my 8 twist 18" barrel, but closer to what I get with the LRX 127 factory ammo. However, these were not exactly ideal conditions with the steeply angled shots and below zero temps. I'll have to wait till our 1,000 yard range opens in late spring with steel at 100 yard increments to confirm the exact ballistics.

Last edited:

G9 Defense

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
After cleaning all the copper out of my Fieldcraft's barrel, I went to the closest range and did some testing of the 6.5 CM 113g. Hunters and Match ammo. I was averaging 2,903 fps out of the 18" barrel with both, along with very low spreads. Accuracy at 100 yards was 1/2 MOA, shooting off of a Spartan bipod and bean bag for the rear.

I also shot at small (12-18”) patches of snow up on a rock face at a steep uphill angle at 725, 890 and 1070 equivalent yardages, using a Leica CRF 2800.com for corrections. Hits were verified using a MagView adapter with my iPhone on a Kowa 773. I was very impressed with the accuracy.

In this initial test, I wasn't getting to the published B.C.'s out of my 8 twist 18" barrel, but closer to what I get with the LRX 127 factory ammo. However, these were not exactly ideal conditions with the steeply angled shots and below zero temps. I'll have to wait till our 1,000 yard range opens in late spring with steel at 100 yard increments to confirm the exact ballistics.
Glad you got to test them out. Running that shorter barrel, so starting with a lower MV, you may see a slightly degraded BC. G9's rifle projectiles are little unique. They are a very "G7 shape", but brass or copper having a lower sectional density than lead, they fly more closely to a G1 drag curve. This round in particular tracks with a .585 G1 for considerable distance with higher MVs that we'd get out of a longer barrel. But, if you're getting 2900 out of those rifles, I'd drop true your BC down a little to match your BC at that speed.

For anyone interested in the 6.5 Creedmoor ammo from G9, both the 113g Long Range Hunter and the 114 Super Match are in stock. There is more info on both rounds on the website now as well.

I missed out on the discount on my last order north of $1k on the 6.5 ammo, but when I went to the site today, there was a 'sign up for emails for 10% off'.

I have not been able to do more testing yet, but speaking with the guys on the phone, hearing about numerous kills thus far with the LR Hunter ammo gave me confidence that they are really on to a unique round.

G9.png

For anyone interested in the 6.5 Creedmoor ammo from G9, both the 113g Long Range Hunter and the 114 Super Match are in stock. There is more info on both rounds on the website now as well.

I missed out on the discount on my last order north of $1k on the 6.5 ammo, but when I went to the site today, there was a 'sign up for emails for 10% off'.

I have not been able to do more testing yet, but speaking with the guys on the phone, hearing about numerous kills thus far with the LR Hunter ammo gave me confidence that they are really on to a unique round.

View attachment 555285
What's the minimum recommendation for impact velocity?

What's the minimum recommendation for impact velocity?
With my 18” suppressed Fieldcraft, I reach 1800 fps at 700 yards and 1600 at 840.
For my purposes, sheep, these numbers are fantastic. I regularly shoot out to 1200 yards and consider 700 my max range that I’d ever shoot to in the field. With this ammo, I get near PRC numbers with my CM.

Last edited:
Thanks! This bullet has definitely piqued my interest! 1600 @ 840 is definitely past my effective range 🤣

@B_Reynolds_AK, did you do some more testing with the 113? Take any animals with it? If so, just curious to hear how it went. Do you have any experience with the DRT bullets in your creedmoor? Thanks in advance.