FYI

Good luck to all, perhaps one day I also will be chasing elk. right now getting ready for a 2023 antelope and mule deer hunt.

Gila

WKR
Another elk fever thread eh? That time of year again and sure came around quickly. I was out there Sunday. I have never seen it so green and grown over. The afternoon monsoon storms are still around and will continue for a while. We get the sleet blowing sideways down here. Dunes of sleet and hail stones. I took the FX4 out and left the UTV at home. After the usual afternoon storm, some roads had rushing water that I couldn’t drive over, but for the most part I got through. The outfitters were out setting up their campsites and hauling in water. Some very happy folks out there. Good luck to everyone who has tags in New Mexico, looks as though it may be be another banner season.

Cspraggins

Lil-Rokslider
headed to the Gila in 1 week. Chasing bulls from the 7th to the 15th.....cant wait!

Wingshooter

Lil-Rokslider
Andy and I are getting to chase elk two years in a row we hunted Colorado last fall had a great hunt. This fall we are meeting old friends in Montana we leave the 9th hope to be in camp on the 10th for 8 days chasing elk.

Leaving for NM the 13th. Until then, Friday can’t come soon enough. CO opening day. Will head to camp after work Thursday. Good luck everyone!

Btaylor

WKR
Just a reminder, I think we all know no lights on the bow sight in CO.

I have a friend in Meeker who got the ticket, even though he didn’t have any batteries in it when checked. He said he always loses it if he takes it off, so they gave him an expensive lesson. “ Constructive intent” is their take.
That sort of enforcement might make a guy with a stickbow nervous about goin in or coming out using a headlight.