FYI

Scoot

WKR
It's September this week!!! Holy cow, it's SO close! Thursday is September 1st and I know there will be lots of you guys out there doing your thing! Good luck to all! I hope everyone has a safe, enjoyable hunting season and you all shoot the bull of your dreams!

EJDXT21

Lil-Rokslider
I was about to post something very similar earlier so ditto on everything you said. I'm sure there are some in the woods already. Hope to see lots of good opening week pics!

Ahh I can't believe it. Ahhhh Oregon is already open. But the unit close to home got blown up. People everywhere.

Headed to MT on 6th

OP
Scoot

Scoot

WKR
Leaving in the a.m. for a month of hunting elk in multiple states. Scoot, you'll have to live vicariously through all of us. No internet where I will be, so no live hunt this year. Go catch some muskies!
Good luck, Lou! I'm leaving for NM in two weeks, so I will happily live vicariously through many until then. But after that, I'll have my own fun helping Ryan out down there. Going to be FUN!!!

I'm the only 1 on here hoping time slows down. It's been a summer of hell only shot bow 1 time I started doing food and packing last night. 11 days till D day

My pack is loaded up, minus sleeping bag and coffee (in the mail). I'm somewhat notorious for having a good plan on gear and packing but then getting busy and just throwing everything in the truck and then only using 10% of my gear. Not this time. The last gets packed tonight.

Then I'm taking my boy dove hunting on 9/1, and then boogie to CO for the 9/2 opener.

11boo

WKR
I'm the only 1 on here hoping time slows down. It's been a summer of hell only shot bow 1 time I started doing food and packing last night. 11 days till D day
Well the great thing about retirement is I had all summer to prep. Shot out back most nights, gear is piled and ready to load. Stuff is cached on the mountain and elk have been scouted.

The bad thing about retirement is I’m getting old.

Well the great thing about retirement is I had all summer to prep. Shot out back most nights, gear is piled and ready to load. Stuff is cached on the mountain and elk have been scouted.

The bad thing about retirement is I’m getting old.
I just told my wife last night, who is 9 years younger than me. I will be gone in September when I retire. At least the 1st few years.

11boo

WKR
I just told my wife last night, who is 9 years younger than me. I will be gone in September when I retire. At least the 1st few years.

That has been pretty much what I do. Her health is not the best, so I get home weekly. Happy to do that.

I vividly remember working my tail off and having very little free time to prepare, but still having the time of my life on week long hunts.

Gerbdog

WKR
Im down in NM currently, in ABQ, everythings in order, have all the calling gear, bags packed, foods in the truck, have water and ready to go down and see if i can call in a bull for my younger brother in the Gila. Will be a good time, elk or no elk with limited time on this rock im happy i still have a chance to spend time in the woods with my brother, hes been my partner in crime since he was born, cant imagine a better hunting buddy.

Probably wont sleep great tonight, definitely wont sleep great tomorrow, even without a bow in my hands

Ucsdryder

WKR
In the elk woods right now doing a little scouting. 20 elk, 3 deer, my stupid gsp and lots of heavy breathing!

Luked

WKR
I still got a little bit of time left till our trip.
We leave on the 16th

11boo

WKR
Just a reminder, I think we all know no lights on the bow sight in CO.

I have a friend in Meeker who got the ticket, even though he didn’t have any batteries in it when checked. He said he always loses it if he takes it off, so they gave him an expensive lesson. “ Constructive intent” is their take.

Dunndm

WKR
Just a reminder, I think we all know no lights on the bow sight in CO.

I have a friend in Meeker who got the ticket, even though he didn’t have any batteries in it when checked. He said he always loses it if he takes it off, so they gave him an expensive lesson. “ Constructive intent” is their take.

I have always been curious what a ticket from a warden cost for something like this?
Don’t need to tell me if you don’t want to. Just always been curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11boo

WKR
I have always been curious what a ticket from a warden cost for something like this?
Don’t need to tell me if you don’t want to. Just always been curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was over 10 years ago, and I believe he said 275 dollars and 4 points?

it wasn’t a hunt ender, he kept hunting.

Which reminds me, I need to pull mine. It is nice using it out back after sunset.