Full size knife?

freshta

WKR
I know most of us go for lighter is better and so take the lightest and sometimes smallest equipment...knives included. But does anyone include a full size knife in their back country kit? I’m seriously tempted to take mine this year.

Trial153

WKR
Bob Doizer Pro Guide goes with me on every back country hunt
0684b9c0134c9d3f3ec9cbe25153afd9.jpg

mcseal2

WKR
Just got a Dozier Pro Guide used. It came dull but I had it shaving hair in minutes, great feeling knife with a great sheath. It will be going with me this fall and probably for years to come. I have been using a Bark River classic clip point hunter but the leather sheath got loose enough I'm afraid it will come out in my pack. Some of my pants have a built in belt and no great way to carry a belt knife so it ends up in the pack. Great knife too but I need to get a kydex sheath made for it. I like a 4" to 4.5" blade on a hunting knife, just fits my hand well. My bino harness carries either a Buck Crosslock with an S30V blade or a Benchmade Altitude usually. The smaller blades can be nice for caping and a knife is something I'm willing to carry a lighter second one of.

I have a lot of good knives, I like knives to much and buy to many.

I now carry benchmade “hunt” series fixed blade knife. My go to “heavy” blade used to be a Buck 110.

I also carry a cable saw, bone saw, electricians scissors and a havalon with multiple blades.

I carry a fairly large Half-faced blades knife and Tyto 1.1. Just can’t bring myself to go into the woods without a full size knife. Been carrying them into the woods since I was a kid and has so many uses. Think the versatility outweighs the weight penalty in my mind.

This Dale Howe is presently in my kill kit I left in my warehouse in Alabama. Pic is from the ad that I purchased off another website and the only one I have. Occasionally and prior to the Howe I carried a Cutco Drop point in my pack. C8E9E527-F930-48A7-A381-F40F45030FD7.jpeg

Lawnboi

WKR
Lt Wright small or large northern hunter. Both what I would consider a full size knife. Only carry one at a time.

Usually have a small pocket knife as well.