From Florida to CO (Castle Rock)

Moved this summer from Florida to Castle Rock Colorado.

Would love to meet up with anyone in Denver area for hike, coffee or to hit the local range. Let me know if you would like to connect.

Will be going with a group to total archery challenge as well if anyone is interested.

-Kyle

OP
Kyle Wheeler
Spearfish lake mac if you are up for something a little different then Florida water
That sounds amazing.. I have a speargun but didn’t plan on using it here 🤣. Fished Waterton Canyon and saw some BigHorn awhile back pretty different than Florida!

OP
Kyle Wheeler
Welcome to Castle Rock! We moved here about 2 years ago and have enjoyed it. How are you liking it?
Appreciate it! Loving it so far. My 3 boys had fun sledding last week with the snow. It really is a unique area! Have you been to highlands ranch range by chance?

I moved from Georgia out to Colorado 4 years ago. Live in Golden now. Been meaning to go to total archery this year since I’ll probably be drawing WY elk in 2024. Definitely down to go to the range or hike.

CB1

FNG
Appreciate it! Loving it so far. My 3 boys had fun sledding last week with the snow. It really is a unique area! Have you been to highlands ranch range by chance?
Mine had fun in that early snow also. More than we thought we would get.

Have not been there, the range I usually end up at is family shooting center in cherry creek state park.

I volunteer with the Castle Rock chapter of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation and extend an invite to you for the annual banquet which will be on May 4th. Perhaps you can meet some local people there as well! Basic info will be at RMEF.org and go to Get Involved/Events/Colorado then to Castle Rock Chapter. There's also a Hunting and Fishing Expo in early April at the Gaylord Rockies Rockies Resort and Convention Center which should be a great outdoor show. Welcome to Colorado!

DeerCatcherUT/CO

Lil-Rokslider
I live 10 minutes from there. It’s definitely the best archery course within 45 minutes of castle rock. It’s a nice course with fun shots. There’s also some big bulls on there during the winter

ToolMann

WKR
I'm in Parker, right down the road. Been here 12 years. Castle Rock is great, good access to a lot of adventures. If you thought Waterton was busy, cruise down to the Deckers area on a weekend between April and October.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Fellow local Denverites

See below thread of interested. Looking to do an optics comparison in near future and always love the help and other unbiased eyes.