Freeze drying velvet North Idaho

Tweeder

FNG
Does anyone know of a commercial sized freeze dryer operation around North Idaho (or beyond) that will freeze dry velvet?

I’ve heard at least one taxidermist around here is able to send batches of velvet bucks to be freeze dried at I believe Rose lake elk ranch. I left them a message and haven’t heard anything back. Not sure if they would take in just an individual rack.

If not what do we all think of Velvet lok?
Or is the old school Formaldehyde method the best way?

Liqua-tan from Bess Maid products out of Louisiana. My bro used on velvet buck a couple years ago and his taxi said it was best/ most well-preserved velvet he had seen

PanhandlePilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
Might call a local taxidermist. Nick at Wildlife Creations will probably get you headed in the right direction even if you're not going to use his services.

OP
Tweeder

Tweeder

FNG
Might call a local taxidermist. Nick at Wildlife Creations will probably get you headed in the right direction even if you're not going to use his services.
Im using a local taxidermist, Untamed taxidermy. He’s a nice older gentleman who works out of shop and so far has been a joy to deal with but he’s just not super familiar with velvet it seems. I guess you don’t get much velvet coming in in North Idaho. Wildlife creations is who did my mount last time and I’m pretty sure they freeze dried my rack at the elk ranch. I didn’t wanna go ask him to freeze dry my rack now since I’m not having him mount it but maby I will go ask. Thanks

Grizz208

FNG
Nick is a pretty solid dude from wildlife creations I doubt he would care if you used him or not. He would help you out with preserving the velvet.