FPS Node

Harvey_NW

WKR
Classified Approved
Ok. Are you telling me there’s no way to achieve consistency?
No, I'm saying it's been proven that when you shoot a statistically valid amount of data points the theory of a velocity node disappears, and the average velocity becomes linear to powder charge. The consistency of the average is determined by components and loading procedure.

Mack84

FNG
No, I'm saying it's been proven that when you shoot a statistically valid amount of data points the theory of a velocity node disappears, and the average velocity becomes linear to powder charge. The consistency of the average is determined by components and loading procedure.
I’ve heard that same debate from marketing stand point of people trying to sell their own procedures or information. But have yet to seen it proven

Harvey_NW

WKR
Classified Approved
I’ve heard that same debate from marketing stand point of people trying to sell their own procedures or information. But have yet to seen it proven
Conversely, I've never seen data proving a repeatable or consistent velocity node. I have successfully used the Satterlee method to develop a proven load, but the concept is that that people tend to only test and shoot what they identify as a good charge. If they were to shoot a large enough sample size of what they consider bad, it would all get lost in the noise and average out.

Long video and thread here - https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/your-groups-are-too-small.290821/