Forums Are Dead!

That dude is an oversensitive blowhard on this issue; I don't know him personally, so can't comment beyond what I watched.

I'd bet that he's the type who would, if he could, in the name of protecting "free speech", regulate the ability to express opinions counter to his own. Seems well versed in Orwellian Doublespeak.

The internet is great because everyone is free to espouse any opinion. Doesn't mean anyone has to accept it. Plenty of innovation has been accepted and championed by people using these types of forums. Think of all the great niche products that flourished because the exposure these forums have fostered.

Y'all should go read his Kyle thread, kinda blew up in his face.

No discounting his knowledge, but the fact he refuses to acknowledge others knowledge leaves me discounting anything he says.

It's on the LRH, if that's not allowed, I will remove the link

Learning to maximize your 6.5 Creedmoor
Ha, big-time “everyone is stupid except me” mentality, followed by cowering behind performative pseudo-Christianity when people tell him to stop being such an insufferable tool.

gabenzeke

WKR
I only watched thirty seconds or so before it got too annoying. It's funny...I was actually wondering the other day if forums would make a comeback now that we know for a fact the government plays a significant role in determining who is censored on social media and the department of defense is using social media as a psyop. Side note, to the government agents watching this forum I love the government especially the ATF. Please approve my form 4.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

tony

WKR
I don't belong to but I read that thread and LRH
That guy as some issues to put it mildly.

DanimalW

WKR
Tell me that you missed the point of Rocking in the Free World without actually telling me.
I will tell you that I didn’t read into the meme enough to take into consideration the meaning of the song. I didn’t create it. Just shared it due the timing (almost a year ago), and the guy everyone was posting about was also big on censoring social media.

JjamesIII

WKR
Thoughts?

Forums that thrive have a platform with free expressions of ideas open to conversation. You can have an opposing view to a post without being accused of “trolling”. So many people get their feelings hurt and run to the moderators calling for a troll witch hunt. It just stifles the whole purpose of the forum. Sure, some people are out there stirring up trouble, but usually the troll police just need to relax and move along- agree to disagree after you’ve stated your opinions.

Aside from that, the forum platform is a great way for like minded people to exchange information. I don’t think it’s a dying form of media if the subject matter is enriching and informative. Gear centric forums like rockslide will thrive in the space due to advertising opportunities reaching the users.

Crghss

Lil-Rokslider
Ha, big-time “everyone is stupid except me” mentality, followed by cowering behind performative pseudo-Christianity when people tell him to stop being such an insufferable tool.
Wow, guy lacks a lot of self awareness. I find everything he said in the LRH link to be false.

I stopped reloading 20+ years ago. Everything back then came from books, magazines or bullshitting at hunting clubs. Everything was personal, learned through trail and error.

Today, forums and websites shorten the learning curve tremendously. The amount of information is endless you just have filter through to info you want. I can easily get the info to build a AR shooting 300 blackout with a suppressor thats almost silent to wack pigs with or the other extreme, super lightweight 6.5 PRC shooting out to whatever my skills set allow. And the best suited bullet to shoot at the choosen game. I can do this much more quickly and cheaply with people sharing their experience trying to accomplish the same thing previously.

Darryle

WKR
Classified Approved
Wow, guy lacks a lot of self awareness. I find everything he said in the LRH link to be false.

I believe there is some merit to his argument, it was his delivery that killed any merit.

Look at the 6.5 Creedmoor, Hammer bullets and similar products, it's not the product that killed the desire to utilize them, it's the over the top fanbois. I refused to buy into the Creedmoor for along time, then I built one on the AR platform. Refused to buy a bolt gun, now I have 3 of them, they all shoot small groups. I have a sample pack of Hammer bullets to try in my 280 Ackley, I suspect that I will be more than satisfied with their performance.

No denying the 6.5 Creedmoor and it's abilities, it's inherently accurate, carries significant energy down range and is very soft shooting. What's not to love, it's a well thought out cartridge that delivers.

The same with Hammer bullets, very accurate, increased velocity extending range and they kill efficiently. Again, what's not to love.

It's the messenger, much like both of his posts, kinda ironic isn't it?

One thing I love about certain forums is the free exchange of ideas and information in a respectful manner. One thing I hate about 24hr and similar forums is the BS and hateful drama that you have to wade thru to find a nugget of information.

brianp

FNG
I believe there is some merit to his argument, it was his delivery that killed any merit.

Look at the 6.5 Creedmoor, Hammer bullets and similar products, it's not the product that killed the desire to utilize them, it's the over the top fanbois. I refused to buy into the Creedmoor for along time, then I built one on the AR platform. Refused to buy a bolt gun, now I have 3 of them, they all shoot small groups. I have a sample pack of Hammer bullets to try in my 280 Ackley, I suspect that I will be more than satisfied with their performance.

No denying the 6.5 Creedmoor and it's abilities, it's inherently accurate, carries significant energy down range and is very soft shooting. What's not to love, it's a well thought out cartridge that delivers.

The same with Hammer bullets, very accurate, increased velocity extending range and they kill efficiently. Again, what's not to love.

It's the messenger, much like both of his posts, kinda ironic isn't it?

One thing I love about certain forums is the free exchange of ideas and information in a respectful manner. One thing I hate about 24hr and similar forums is the BS and hateful drama that you have to wade thru to find a nugget of information.
It's always the early adopters who can turn people off by spreading the message. But the message gets spread regardless and popularizes the exploration of that item.

It's the whole, "no such thing as bad publicity"

mmayter9

FNG
Currently researching on different topics and one of them for example would be for my year 2000 car. It's hard to find current information on it because it's an old car that not many people car about now. Something I found out is because of social media and how fast we can communicate with technology finding online communities is where it's at. One example would be Facebook groups. One of the only reasons why I still keep my Facebook account. Though one thing is that Facebook groups are tied to your profile so you are only limited to certain things to talk about on there.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Bowsite is thriving with their old ass format. Lol

Archerytalk took a shit when they were bought out.

Still hit RS every day!!!

Places like FB will also run their course and die out.. prob from greed.
And thanks for sticking with us from the beginning. Your register date is the day we went live, or very close. Thanks Rodney!

In my career, that in building a team to do something there were 10 to 1 that would tell you why something wouldn't, shouldn't or couldn't be done. The one was more likely to build on your idea and make it better.

I tend to look on what is available, test the claims if I need a change and incorporate it if it is better. I tend to discount the nay sayers and not even listen to them when they become annoying. So far the highest concentration of them is on Hunt talk.

Carry on !

tony

WKR
Tried bowsite, what the hell kind of set up is that?
Seems like a decent site, can't get used to the format.
How is archery talk? skimmed through it. Seems AR-15 forum big?