Fort Collins training hikes?

1hoda

Banned
I'll toss this idea out here - any of you gents in town interested in doing some weekend training hikes together? I've been out every Saturday with my pack for the last several weekends just trying to get ready for next fall. I pick a different area every weekend to mix it up, some on and some off trail. I start early and cover 6-8 hard miles then head home. It would be fun to meet up with the great guys on this forum and share some stories while hitting the trail. Let me know if there's any interest!

Trr15

WKR
I might be able to make the trip down from Cheyenne one of these weekends. My work travel is kind of a wild card right now, but if the timing is right I'd enjoy meeting up with some fellow roksliders.

winter

FNG
Couple of us guys hike thursday nights with heavy packs on coyote ridge. I'll be out running Devils backbone tomorrow morning.

• Banned
OP

1hoda

Banned
I carry a pack on coyote ridge on Sunday afternoons, but until the time changes weekdays are out for me. I'm hitting Grey Rock in the morning,

winter

FNG
1hoda, we hike in the dark on coyote ridge with headlamps around 6ish. Getting lighter every week! Grey Rocks is a great hike. I haven't been up there since the fire.

Hoot

WKR
Winter, how far do you run on Devils backbone? I did a short 3 mile (1.5 out and back) just to check it out, I want to run the full 8.5 from Horsetooth to the loveland parking lot, but my wife is not enthused about dropping me off and then driving down to loveland to pick me up!

• Banned
OP

1hoda

Banned
Ok gents - sounds like there's a loosely organized group on FB. I'm not a
FB guy and since Rokslide is what we have in common I took the liberty to set up a group here so we can communicate that way. It's public so anyone can join, etc. The name of the group is Fort Collins Roksliders.

1hoda - where did you set up the group? I live in Timnath, I travel a bunch for work but if I'm around would love to get together with fellow rocksliders for some hunt training?

Thanks a bunch!

MRidge

FNG
As winter mentioned - a few of us hit coyote ridge Thursday evenings. Leave the parking lot between 5:45 & 6:00. Come join in.