Formal charges for Mzl/archery shooting

Poser

WKR
Some more details are presented as formal charges are filed against the PA Mzl Hunter who killed a archery hunter in CO.

505Wapiti

WKR
Already been a couple threads on this but it still pisses me off. Dude says he heard elk calls, saw ‘white in the pines,’ and took a shot. As careless and idiotic of a mistake as one can make, should’ve never happened. Neglected the very core of basic firearm safety. Hunter orange is not required in NM with the exception of a few areas and hunts, but this makes me want to wear orange from head to toe. I know more orange isn’t the answer and you simply just can’t fix stupid. Horrible tragedy.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Wait…why does he have a public defender? He has enough money to go on a NR elk hunt but needs a public defender! I knew Colorado elk licenses were too cheap!!!!!

Cwillimon

FNG
I’m not going to try and make a excuse for this guy. Knowing your target is a basic rule of hunting. I’m sure there is a antler restriction in this area? Allowing muzzleloader season to run in conjunction with the archery season and not making the archery hunters wear orange is asking for trouble.

Rob5589

WKR
Archery and muzzy concurrently isn't the problem. Dumb asses like that are. People get shot every year during rifle season; likewise during turkey season. Same dumb asses.

Button

WKR
The people that want to be outdoorsman and “kill something” are the most dangerous cucks.

Pocoloco

Lil-Rokslider
I’m not going to try and make a excuse for this guy. Knowing your target is a basic rule of hunting. I’m sure there is a antler restriction in this area? Allowing muzzleloader season to run in conjunction with the archery season and not making the archery hunters wear orange is asking for trouble.
In Idaho we don’t wear orange during rifle and I dont feel any less safe. I travel with a large orange bandanna that we wrap on our bulls antlers when we pack them out. Shooting at an unknown target is inexcusable. When we pheasant or chukar hunt I wear orange and am still a little nervous, those are fast moving birds and you can quickly find yourself in the line of fire.

Rob5589

WKR
Wait…why does he have a public defender? He has enough money to go on a NR elk hunt but needs a public defender! I knew Colorado elk licenses were too cheap!!!!!
A defense atty charges 300+ per hour. Criminal case is probably hundreds of hours. Plus there's that pesky 6th amendment and all.

MichaelO

Lil-Rokslider
Not only did the guy think he was shooting an elk but that he had a bead on the lungs/heart.

did he have an either sex tag? If not he even thought it had antlers......

Ucsdryder

WKR
A defense atty charges 300+ per hour. Criminal case is probably hundreds of hours. Plus there's that pesky 6th amendment and all.
My freedom is worth more than 300 an hour. Like I said, if you have the funds to drop on an out of state hunt then I would hope you have the funds to hire an attorney to protect your freedom.