FORLOH

I received my half-zip yesterday. First, the quality is very impressive. The sewing on it is impressive compared to both my First Lite and Kuiu gear. Since I haven't had it long, I haven't hunted in it yet. Planning on a long hike today with it and turkey hunting this spring.

Anyone know of a discount code? Wanna try the allclima pants instead of kuiu pros.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

A rokslide review of the product would be awesome to see. I’m all set on clothing for the time being, but as some pieces reach the end of their useful life I’d love to keep my money spent on American made and sourced products, provided they perform as well as the ones made across the pond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a great idea.

Thanks for the review

4dcfries

I actually work for FORLOH so I can answer some questions for you guys if you like or get beat up, Ha. As a new brand we are still getting some details dialed in, like product weights on everything, adjusting some fit issues, etc. Its been a crazy task for our product team to get all of this product not only made in the USA, but everything 100% sourced in the USA.

RG

Thanks for the review

4dcfries

I actually work for FORLOH so I can answer some questions for you guys if you like or get beat up, Ha. As a new brand we are still getting some details dialed in, like product weights on everything, adjusting some fit issues, etc. Its been a crazy task for our product team to get all of this product not only made in the USA, but everything 100% sourced in the USA.

RG
First off, welcome to rokslide, and im excited to try the gear out! Got several pieces in my cart on your site, just haven't ordered anything yet. Im hoping to put a kit together from you guys before September to test out.

Do you feel like your half zip top and altima pant would be too warm for early archery season for spot and stalk? And do you know if there is any plans to make lighter weight pieces for hot weather? Was thinking about calling to ask someone questions but figured others here may be interested in the answers

First off, welcome to rokslide, and im excited to try the gear out! Got several pieces in my cart on your site, just haven't ordered anything yet. Im hoping to put a kit together from you guys before September to test out.

Do you feel like your half zip top and altima pant would be too warm for early archery season for spot and stalk? And do you know if there is any plans to make lighter weight pieces for hot weather? Was thinking about calling to ask someone questions but figured others here may be interested in the answers
I really don't think the The current Half Zip and the Woven pant would be too hot... But I suppose I should ask where you would be hunting. I know it wouldn't be for most of the Rockies, but if you were hunting some of those big bulls in AZ or NM, could be slightly. But also to answer your question, we are launching some super light base layers for summer that have some cooling technology in it/ high SPF ratings. We were hoping to have this launch this month, but we have had a few delays to make them right and now looking like late May.

The woven pant is by-far one of my favorite pieces in our line. I know I will wear them a lot this summer when getting into the backcountry.

I really don't think the The current Half Zip and the Woven pant would be too hot... But I suppose I should ask where you would be hunting. I know it wouldn't be for most of the Rockies, but if you were hunting some of those big bulls in AZ or NM, could be slightly. But also to answer your question, we are launching some super light base layers for summer that have some cooling technology in it/ high SPF ratings. We were hoping to have this launch this month, but we have had a few delays to make them right and now looking like late May.

The woven pant is by-far one of my favorite pieces in our line. I know I will wear them a lot this summer when getting into the backcountry.
Im mostly in eastern oregon so the temps are kind of all over the place year to year but not insanely hot typically. Good layering system is necessary for me at least, i sweat a lot. Thanks for the reply, i look forward to trying this stuff out

Im mostly in eastern oregon so the temps are kind of all over the place year to year but not insanely hot typically. Good layering system is necessary for me at least, i sweat a lot. Thanks for the reply, i look forward to trying this stuff out
yeah, in Eastern Oregon I think you would be fine. And the weight of the fabric makes itl a bit more protective/ durable.

RG

Are you planning on making a puffy that is lighter with a hood for backpacking similar to Stone Glacier Grumman? I am on the fence on a puffy for this winter. I just purchased the half-zip (amazing quality) and will pick up the pants before this season.

I really want to see what products you are hoping to release this year so I can wait it out since I plan on buying some new gear and I want made in USA.

Are you planning on making a puffy that is lighter with a hood for backpacking similar to Stone Glacier Grumman? I am on the fence on a puffy for this winter. I just purchased the half-zip (amazing quality) and will pick up the pants before this season.

I really want to see what products you are hoping to release this year so I can wait it out since I plan on buying some new gear and I want made in USA.
He PLucas, I have not worn that jacket, but SG make great stuff. I would say ours is different cause we have a lighter fill Power at 650 waterproof treated Duck down, and the Perf Weld technology between the down baffles makes it very breathable. So it's a great insulating layer that also lets out the heat when you start cooking while going uphill. We didn't put a hood on this one, cause its meant to be a mid layer under an outer shell with a hood..... But we have been getting lots or requests for Hoods, so I would expect that in the future, but not in 2021. Thanks for your comment.

All, I made the decision to change out my hunting clothes from anything that was made in China or outside the USA. This led me on an extensive internet search and I came upon Forloh (For the love of Hunting). After some research and a call or two into the company I decided to pull the trigger on a number of their items. A 3 layer rain coat and pant, along with a down vest, hunting shirt and their all purpose hunting pant.

Allclima 3L coat (green) pant (green)
Thermoneutral Down Vest (deep cover)
Allclima stretch woven pant (green)
Deep space half zip (deep cover)

Besides being happy to have this made in the USA I was shocked at the quality. Of course this is before I am able to use it on my archery elk hunt this year but it is amazing to say the least in it’s build. The deep cover camo is directly a hit at Kuiu and no wonder...the designer came from Kuiu. I use camo now sparingly and rely on blacks and greens where I think it’s workable. I liked the gear enough to order more which arrives this week. The stretch woven pants are a 4 way stretch with knee covers (wouldn’t really call them pads ). They remind me of the attack pants from Kuiu. They seem a bit more substantial and I passed along the wish for a waterproof seat and knees for the future.
The rain gear so far is great. I am using it for a winter coat with the vest under it.
I am not a professional hunter nor a expert in gear reviews but I have to say that the combination of US made products and a high attention to detail in the making of this gear is fantastic. It is pricey (matches up with Sitka) but that is expected as it is under US laws for labor and such. Oh, I had to return the woven pants as the regular length was not for my 34” inseam..the tall is on order. I would say fit is tighter than Kuiu and Sitka...I used a 34 waist in Kuiu and use a 36 in Forloh. All larges in coats were the same. Hope any of this helps and if I can help with any questions let me know. Cheers.
Just FYI it’s 100% Puerto Rican company. Corporate headquarters are located there. It’s registered with the PR government as a Puerto Rican company. You can look it all up. There’s even court filing we’re the owneIt’s cool manufacturing is in LA tho. Sucks they evade taxes and claim to be an American brand. But maybe PR companies are American? Not sure.
Thanks for the review

4dcfries

RG
hey RG. It really bugs me that your company says it’s an American brand and it plays up being out of Montana really hard — but it’s really a Puerto Rican LLC with corporate documents having its corporate headquarters located in San Juan PR. It evades paying taxes. Taxes that help support our state and federal public lands. You guys should be a little more transparent than that. I won’t buy Forloh because of this. Hats off to a guy on this forum who first mentioned it. Since you work for Forloh I assume you know it’s a Puerto Rican company. It’s registered there and in a sworn oath it says it’s 100% Puerto Rican company. I’m looking at the paperwork filed in PR and a sworn affidavit signed by Andy Techmanski filed here in Kalispell court were he swears to bring a Puerto Rican resident and that Forloh is a Puerto Rican company. Attached is Forloh entity document from PR and the tax exemption filing. It’s all public information. It took two minutes to find it all. Is it just cooler to say your a Montana company? I guess you have a store in Montana and some Employees in MT so that part is good. Does anyone else think this is misleading? Idk. Just bugs me when people use Montana like this. Why not just be located in USA and even better, Montana. As a Montanan who hunts public lands it burns my ass your company doesn’t pay USA taxes — which fund state and public lands! Corporate tax evasion hurts hunters.

Attachments

• 2019_431526_1511_CF_EN_1_62108645.pdf
    92.4 KB · Views: 28
  • FDEEAB4B-D9AC-433F-AA32-FC102F3997F4.jpeg
    FDEEAB4B-D9AC-433F-AA32-FC102F3997F4.jpeg
    338.9 KB · Views: 153
Just FYI it’s 100% Puerto Rican company. Corporate headquarters are located there. It’s registered with the PR government as a Puerto Rican company. You can look it all up. There’s even court filing we’re the owneIt’s cool manufacturing is in LA tho. Sucks they evade taxes and claim to be an American brand. But maybe PR companies are American? Not sure.

hey RG. It really bugs me that your company says it’s an American brand and it plays up being out of Montana really hard — but it’s really a Puerto Rican LLC with corporate documents having its corporate headquarters located in San Juan PR. It evades paying taxes. Taxes that help support our state and federal public lands. You guys should be a little more transparent than that. I won’t buy Forloh because of this. Hats off to a guy on this forum who first mentioned it. Since you work for Forloh I assume you know it’s a Puerto Rican company. It’s registered there and in a sworn oath it says it’s 100% Puerto Rican company. I’m looking at the paperwork filed in PR and a sworn affidavit signed by Andy Techmanski filed here in Kalispell court were he swears to bring a Puerto Rican resident and that Forloh is a Puerto Rican company. Attached is Forloh entity document from PR and the tax exemption filing. It’s all public information. It took two minutes to find it all. Is it just cooler to say your a Montana company? I guess you have a store in Montana and some Employees in MT so that part is good. Does anyone else think this is misleading? Idk. Just bugs me when people use Montana like this. Why not just be located in USA and even better, Montana. As a Montanan who hunts public lands it burns my ass your company doesn’t pay USA taxes — which fund state and public lands! Corporate tax evasion hurts hunters.
Did you actually create an account on this website just to crap on a company that buys materials from American companies and employees Americans to make their gear? My neighbor works for them, they are employing people in my community.

Who cares where it is incorporated or where the owner lives? Do you have anything to say about the quality of the gear or are you just here to troll?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hey Babybear,

I always know that posting honestly to these forums always leads to people excited to troll and bash. Frankly I find it interesting that you only have 3 posts to Rokslide, and they are all directed at bashing FORLOH. So... Let's be transparent here. My name is Ryan Guay, and I'm the VP of Sales at FORLOH. Who are you? Who do you work for?

I'm not going to get down in the weeds on this. Our founder has been successful enough that he can base himself out of PR for most of the year, and has other businesses. We have an office, Retail store, and warehouse in Whitefish, Montana with 14 full-time Employees, we have 3-6 designers (Depends on the season). We work with 5+ US factories, and buy all of our raw materials from suppliers that are making products in the USA. On average, each Garment we make is touched by 40-60 American citizens all making over $15 an hour with full-time employment benefits.

All of the Employees/ Contractors/ factory workers above are paying Taxes. And, if you know enough to do all the research above. You would also know that Start-ups are not profitable for years and corporations are taxed on Profits.

So lets go hunt together, I've paid for all my tags in Montana and am paying my taxes. Same will all my co-workers.

Ryan

Last edited:

Hey Babybear,

I always know that posting honestly to these forums always leads to people excited to troll and bash. Frankly I find it interesting that you only have 3 posts to Rokslide, and they are all directed at bashing FORLOH. So... Let's be transparent here. My name is Ryan Guay, and I'm the VP of Sales at FORLOH. Who are you? Who do you work for?

I'm not going to get down in the weeds on this. Our founder has been successful enough that he can base himself out of PR for most of the year, and has other businesses. We have an office, Retail store, and warehouse in Whitefish, Montana with 14 full-time Employees, we have 3-6 designers (Depends on the season). We work with 5+ US factories, and buy all of our raw materials from suppliers that are making products in the USA. On average, each Garment we make is touched by 40-60 American citizens all making over $15 an hour with full-time employment benefits.

All of the Employees/ Contractors/ factory workers above are paying Taxes. And, if you know enough to do all the research above. You would also know that Start-ups are not profitable for years and corporations are taxed on Profits.

So lets go hunt together, I've paid for all my tags in Montana and am paying my taxes. Same will all my co-workers.

Ryan
I suspect that if you compare apples to apples on Sitka and Kuiu and even Stone Glacier on their clothes, that in fact Forloh pays more into the USA in wages and taxes per garment than the others combined.
I can’t blame a start up for attempting to control corporate income tax and controlling liability. Butttt

I can feel your passion. I understand your concerns as well. I can also understand the company’s point as well. I still choose to use their products as it is sourced and made here and of course it is very high quality. Having a choice of using gear made by a company incorporated in Montana or California but has all of their gear and clothes made overseas....I will take Forloh all day long.

I suspect that if you compare apples to apples on Sitka and Kuiu and even Stone Glacier on their clothes, that in fact Forloh pays more into the USA in wages and taxes per garment than the others combined.
I can’t blame a start up for attempting to control corporate income tax and controlling liability. Butttt

I can feel your passion. I understand your concerns as well. I can also understand the company’s point as well. I still choose to use their products as it is sourced and made here and of course it is very high quality. Having a choice of using gear made by a company incorporated in Montana or California but has all of their gear and clothes made overseas....I will take Forloh all day long.
I'm just going to say that I find the claim that this person lives in Kalispell to be very hard to believe. The only way that would make any sense would be if they applied for a job at Forloh and were turned down and now have a grudge against them.

I live in the Flathead valley. We want companies moving here allowing locals to have well-paying jobs. Nobody gives a damn how much they are paying in Federal taxes...we just want locals to be able to find jobs that allow them to afford housing.

@RGMissoula

On the website, it says the ThermoNeutral Down Jacket is a mid-layer. I am assuming if I buy the Down in medium and the softshell in medium, the softshell would fit correctly over the down jacket?

Back