Forloh Clothing?

BC/Wapiti

FNG
I've started changing all my sitka and first lite stuff out as well , bought just a couple items to start and see how I liked it . So far it's great , I honestly like it better than any of the big 3 ( sitka , kuiu & FL)

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Question, why is the weight *that* big an issue to you?

It's probably about the least important thing to me. Performance, durability, fit/comfort, etc
Weight doesn't enter my mind.
While performance comes first, weight matters to me. My 13 ounce Prana Zions win over 19 ounce Kuiu Attack pants. In the end, the Zions also function better, but if function is the same, I will take the lighter pair every time.

If weight is not listed, with the number of gear options available, over 90% of the time I just exclude the item from consideration.

I'm fine with others not thinking like I do, and with a company not listing the weight. But, if a company wants my money they should make it easy for me to get an idea of an items weight while comparison shopping.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
@ForlohFamily

Cmon fellas! Several people have asked for garment weights on the site. Surely you have read these. My question is, why not respond?
I’m all about American made, hell I’m only an hour from you guys, and FULLY support Montana made!
Ducking the question does seem odd. Maybe there is a good reason, share it regardless.
Thank you

While performance comes first, weight matters to me. My 13 ounce Prana Zions win over 19 ounce Kuiu Attack pants. In the end, the Zions also function better, but if function is the same, I will take the lighter pair every time.

If weight is not listed, with the number of gear options available, over 90% of the time I just exclude the item from consideration.

I'm fine with others not thinking like I do, and with a company not listing the weight. But, if a company wants my money they should make it easy for me to get an idea of an items weight while comparison shopping.
I agree.
It's interesting to understand the mindset of others.
It helps know my own mind better.

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
@ForlohFamily

Cmon fellas! Several people have asked for garment weights on the site. Surely you have read these. My question is, why not respond?
I’m all about American made, hell I’m only an hour from you guys, and FULLY support Montana made!
Ducking the question does seem odd. Maybe there is a good reason, share it regardless.
Thank you
Hi! We are working on getting all of the weight online and updated. There are some posted and if anything is missing that you need more info on please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team. Thank you for supporting American Made Gear.

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I bought quite a bit of the Forloh stuff. It’s not cheap. Super high quality but I haven’t been able to test anything for real in this weather.
Looking forward to hearing your review when you have a chance to test! Thank you for supporting Made in America gear.

fwafwow

WKR
Maybe I’ve missed the replies, but apart from making the pants longer and telling us gloves are on the way, are changes being considered based on RS feedback?

dank

FNG
I won't buy anything with a hood.
A detachable hood on a sh*t weather jacket can be helpful and is the only occasional exception to the rule, but generally speaking I can't stand hoods especially when attached to every clothing layer.
Ya some people feel that way. I spend a lot of time glassing and can't get over that down hood keeping me cozy. Usually my layers go - Tshirt (no hood) - Fleece Hoody - Down Hoody - Rain jacket Hood. Hoods don't really bother me but if I could only pick one it would be the down for sure.

h2so4

WKR
Maybe I’ve missed the replies, but apart from making the pants longer and telling us gloves are on the way, are changes being considered based on RS feedback?
I’m going from memory, but you can use search function to confirm.

They are changing the hood design to not be white on the inside and adjusting the pack design to accommodate/ perform better. There is likely more, I just don’t recall.

fwafwow

WKR
I’m going from memory, but you can use search function to confirm.

They are changing the hood design to not be white on the inside and adjusting the pack design to accommodate/ perform better. There is likely more, I just don’t recall.
Thx. I was hoping the Forloh guys would chime in. More pockets pls.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Interesting, more than 2 months and still no weights on the rain gear I just looked at. Fabric weight is listed, but that is only minimally helpful.

I also do not believe the weight on the down jacket, under 6 ounces sounds like fill weight. I find it hard to believe the entire jacket, with a 40D face material, comes in at close to the weight of a wind jacket (medium Arc'teryx Squamish is 4.8 ounces for reference).

It makes me wonder who thought listing fill weight as just "weight" was a good idea (assuming it is fill weight). It would also be nice to see a size specified for the weight. Hopefully a small and a 3XL have different fill weights.

The weight being specified to the 10th of a gram is amusing.

dank

FNG
Ya it's certainly not the garment weight. Also, made in America - let's use EN units then. None of this gram BS. (JK nitpicking is fun)

RADunfee

Lil-Rokslider
The Willie Robertson thing makes me say no thanks. I can't take that seriously or as a good endorsement. Might as well have Turtleman and Tiger King promote that stuff.

bsnedeker

WKR
The Willie Robertson thing makes me say no thanks. I can't take that seriously or as a good endorsement. Might as well have Turtleman and Tiger King promote that stuff.
So I'm obviously a fan of this company and I'm all-in on supporting them. The quality of the gear is absolutely top-tier and their customer service is incredible (it sure doesn't hurt that I live 20 minutes from their store in Whitefish).

That said, I worry about the future of the company due to a very clear lack of focus and direction. I feel they are trying to do everything all at once rather than focus on an area and get it right. I would have strongly preferred that they focus on getting their western hunting gear line squared away rather than jumping into swim wear and back packs and kitchen knives and now waterfowl??? I'm a product manager by trade and their product strategy is very strange to me.

I'm still waiting on tall rain pants (they have them in the ultralight rain pants but not the big boys that I wear all day in the spring), a good mid-layer, and leg gaiters. That said, I'm pulling for the company and I know the folks behind the scenes have a lot of success under their belts so I'm hoping this strategy works out for them.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk