Forloh Clothing?

How does Forloh compare with other brands like sitka and kuiu? I like that it is made in USA just want to make sure its worth the money.

bsnedeker

WKR
The only thing i have from them right now are the rain pants but they are excellent. I plan on replacing all of my sitka and first lite stuff with forloh as it wears out. It helps that I live 20 minutes from their store in Whitefish!

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

h2so4

WKR
I’ve started to switch over from kuiu as well. So far, so good. My down vest is super comfy and warm. Somewhere their is a lot of info on how/ why it was made the way it is. It was an interesting read to see what goes into gear design decisions.

I’ve also got their pants and long sleeve shirt. I’ve been hiking / shooting in them but no hunts yet. They’ve been comfortable even in pretty warm weather.
I don’t think you can go wrong against Sitka and kuiu especially when forloh is American made.

Ive been intrigued by Forloh, but haven’t made the plunge yet. Havent seen a ton of reviews yet, need to do some digging. I wish they listed the weights of the garments on website…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Ive been intrigued by Forloh, but haven’t made the plunge yet. Havent seen a ton of reviews yet, need to do some digging. I wish they listed the weights of the garments on website…

You should try it out! Our customer service team has the weights and can help you out with any questions. There is a chat feature on our website, or you can email them directly. [email protected] - thanks for supporting Made in the USA products!!

amassi

WKR
You should try it out! Our customer service team has the weights and can help you out with any questions. There is a chat feature on our website, or you can email them directly. [email protected] - thanks for supporting Made in the USA products!!
Could the customer service team take the hint from this thread and give those weights to the web designers? Probably take all of a day to list them on the website

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

They do list them for some garments. It's just in grams/meter squared so it's of no practical help whatsoever

h2so4

WKR
I dunno, the lack of weights on website is a turn off for me. I dont want to call customer service to get this info. It’s an inconvenience.

I like American made concept, but I am worried about lack of performance given this constraint. I’m after the best performing product regardless where it’s manufactured.

It took more effort to write this fussy post than to click on an email address and type “how much do all your pants weigh”.

I dunno, the lack of weights on website is a turn off for me. I dont want to call customer service to get this info. It’s an inconvenience.

I like American made concept, but I am worried about lack of performance given this constraint. I’m after the best performing product regardless where it’s manufactured.
Question, why is the weight *that* big an issue to you?

It's probably about the least important thing to me. Performance, durability, fit/comfort, etc
Weight doesn't enter my mind.

amassi

WKR
Question, why is the weight *that* big an issue to you?

It's probably about the least important thing to me. Performance, durability, fit/comfort, etc
Weight doesn't enter my mind.
Well this is a forum that caters to lightweight backcountry hunting where weight is an issue and consideration. Also it's standard In a crowded industry that forloh is trying to make space in. The niche also greatly depends on layering systems every item adds ounces that could be spent on food, warmth, shelter so its sort of important.
Nobody's going to wear a 10# pair of comfortable durable American made pants.

amassi

WKR
It took more effort to write this fussy post than to click on an email address and type “how much do all your pants weigh”.
Likewise the effort forloh has made on this forum and social media could easily have gone into proving a service that is common to the Industry by providing garment weights on their website.

idig4au

WKR
it didn‘t take much effort at all. And it’s even less effort to go to any mountaineering or Sitka or Kuiu website and click on their products and compare weights. Certainly less effort then writing an email and waiting for a reply.

Here are some weights from the stuff I have.

AllClima Stretch Woven Pant size 32--25.2oz
SolAir InsectShield Hoodie size S--7.3oz
AllCima Softshell Jacket size M--27.6oz
AllClima Softshell Jacket size S--25.5oz
AllClima 3L Rain Pant size S--22.1oz
Thermonuetral Down Jacket size L--21.2oz
Thermonuetral Down Vest size M--13.7
Thermonuetral Down Pant size S--19.5oz